Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 Tacoma Double Cab 4 cyl - automatic

Old 08-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Tacoma Double Cab 4 cyl - automatic

The new Double Cab, four cylinder - automatic is appealing to me (well, I do like the longer bed on my AC). I am very interested in this combination, as the ride height is perfect for my wife, and the economy is appealing to me. However, I don't think this one that I copied the pictures from on the big auction site looks very good. It can be found by typing 2011 Tacoma as there are only three listed currently. Do you think all of them are going to come with fender flares?

Tim

Old 08-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
I think they do all come with the flares which was a terrible decision on toyota's part.

On the other hand though, it looks better than i thought it would look.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
i dont like it.. it just looks dis proportionate.
the body IS too big for the wheels though, forsure. The flares dont help.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
Idk about the flares, but I just gotta say, the DC just doesnt look right with those itty bitty wheels.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
They need to kill the flares, or bump up the wheel/tire package. It just looks unbalanced.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
h2o's taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kurtis
h2o's taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logically Insane View Post
Idk about the flares, but I just gotta say, the DC just doesnt look right with those itty bitty wheels.

I agree, the tires are too small for the truck. I always thought the 2WD looked weird with the small tires and the big body style.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Throw some xrunner wheels, color match everything on it, drop it and it would look so good!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #9
2.7taco is on a distinguished road
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco.Tim View Post
The new Double Cab, four cylinder - automatic is appealing to me (well, I do like the longer bed on my AC). I am very interested in this combination, as the ride height is perfect for my wife, and the economy is appealing to me. However, I don't think this one that I copied the pictures from on the big auction site looks very good. It can be found by typing 2011 Tacoma as there are only three listed currently. Do you think all of them are going to come with fender flares?

Tim

Nice truck but it needs some 16" wheels and alot of rubber to fill up those wheel wells. Some 235/75R16's 245/75R16's should do the trick.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Dont let anyone judge what you think is best......as only you know!!!! Id rock that taco or any taco for that matter new or old
Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
Throw some xrunner wheels, color match everything on it, drop it and it would look so good!
i think they come with an available sr5 package so at least the fender flares would be colormatched. but yah dropped would look much better. no XR wheels though with those fender flares...needs something with more offset...
Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #12
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
i dunno how good the fuel economy would be with the added weight of the double cab... 4cyl fuel economy isnt far off from a v6 as it is with the access cab.
that thing looks goofy with the flares.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #13
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't 4-cylinder autos dogs as compared to 4-cylinder manuals?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #14
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
Aren't 4-cylinder autos dogs as compared to 4-cylinder manuals?
theyre both pretty slow. lol

but the 4-banger autos aren't too bad cause they have a numerically higher final drive than the manuals so it makes it closer to the 5 speeds in terms of acceleration.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #15
2.7taco is on a distinguished road
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
theyre both pretty slow. lol

but the 4-banger autos aren't too bad cause they have a numerically higher final drive than the manuals so it makes it closer to the 5 speeds in terms of acceleration.
My truck is faster than a standard. I raced a friends truck that has the same year, cab style, wheels and tires as mine and whooped him. The autos can shift faster than a standard box.

Don't get me wrong if he had a short throw kit he would of tore me a new one.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #16
Don't buy a Ford
bishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B
bishtacova's Tacoma Gallery
The hilux had this combo for some time.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Get ready for to be bombarded by "How can increase the power of my 4 banger double cab" threads.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #18
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Do they have a prerunner 4cyl double cab? 5lug double cab doesn't look proper.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #19
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
i don't care for it. i can live with my access version, but the double cab looks goofy
Old 08-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #20
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunner SR5 = $24,355. Worth the upgrade over 5 lug IMO. Looks like a V6, mpg and price of I4.