Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Kuda mount installed (for phone/gps)

Old 08-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Kuda mount installed (for phone/gps)

After installing the Grom audio cable from the back of the factory HU to my iphone, I then wanted a place to dock my phone. Found a place called KudaUSA.com who has docks and mounts for many makes/models including the Tacoma. I bought the Kuda mount for the Tacoma in grey leather and it mounts in seconds by folding in a metal tab at the bottom and it is very secure. I also bought their pass-through dock by Dice. The Grom audio cable is hidden behind the mount and goes from the HU to the back of the dock. My iphone gets docked, charged, and can play Slacker/Pandora/ipod music which sounds great and also I use GPS apps such as motionX for turn by turn through the speakers. I love it and highly recommend the Kuda mount. The grey matches perfect (they also have black). I sent this picture to Kuda and they are using it on their website. I was one of the first (possibly the first) grey Tacoma order they had so mine was shipped from Germany where they are made.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 08-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Awesom I had one in my previous car, but they only had black for the Tacoma so I never ordered. Now since they have the grey I will probably order sometime!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hum, why is grey more expensive than black? Ugh, so nice but so expensive.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
Rompin Around

Well its $90 shipped with a universal dock that I'm looking at. Phone specific docks can run up to $100 just for the dock.

https://www.kudausa.com/
Old 08-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
damn thats clean bro
Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
Thanks, I love it. Yeah they're a little expensive but they are leather, look OEM and fit perfect. You can be creative and buy a cradle off ebay or use an existing cradle and screw that into the Kuda mount. I thought of getting the proclip but stumbled upon these and am glad I did.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Thank you for the tip......Hey! isn't that what the hooker said to the Leper?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet yea that does look OEM. Does that cradle also work with cases? It almost looks like the iPhone needs to be out of the case to sit in there.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post some more pics from the drivers stand point? Looks nice.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
Here's one from the drivers' view and iphone 4 docked. The dice G2 iphone cradle comes with 6 adapters for iphones, ipods, itouches, etc... I bought the iphone 4 adapter (separately from Dice) that just slides in the back. I think if you buy the G2 cradle directly from Dice you can get the iPhone 4 cradle included. They also make cradles for other phones too. I have to take the bumper off the iphone 4 to fit but no big deal. The camera's flash made the black cable appear more obvious than it really is.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet that looks really clean. I like it! Unfortunately I always keep a case on my 3GS so this could be a problem...especially if I've got my Otterbox Defender on. Right now I've got a cheapo Flexpod mount plugged into the outlet that does its job.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #12
G1TRD0N3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
G1TRD0N3's Tacoma Gallery
Adjustable iPhone mount

I have been looking at the Kuda mounts, but I think what I am going to do is use the Kuda cover/mount with the ProClip dock; since the ProClip is adjustable. I have my iPhone 3GS in a case and this seems like the best way to do it, but very pricey @_@
If anyone has a better idea for a adjustable mount let me know!
ProClip Dock:
http://www.proclipusa.com/brodit-dev...290-17528.aspx
Kuda Mount:
http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_an...05-40-370.html
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
05TRD4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I just got an iPhone 4 and i have the radio connector and i alway listen to my iPod in the truck. really looking into getting one of these mounts. just so expensive but the are worth it from what it looks like
Old 03-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #14
Squirrellydw is on a distinguished road

Squirrellydw's Tacoma Gallery
Does the passengers leg hit it at all and does it interfere with the passenger cup holder?
Old 03-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
Black Hole Sun
tacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant futuretacoma92 has a brilliant future

Name: Forrest
tacoma92's Tacoma Gallery
definitely might have to get this