Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Having all lights on at once, Brights, Dims, and Fog.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Having all lights on at once, Brights, Dims, and Fog.

I am not knowledgeable about messing with the wires on our trucks so I was wondering is there a way to leave all your lights on when you put your brights on. I would like my dim, brights and fog lights to remain on when I turn on the brightrs. On older chevys there was a kit you could purchase. I hardly ever use my brights except when riding the levees early in the morning or late in the evening. I'm sure the fog light mod will enable the fogs to remain on, but how about the dims?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco

Very easy mod to do.Day Time Running Lights
Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dam sorry man, I mesed you all up I ment the fog light mod is the one you need.

Sorry i dont have anypics youll need to tap into the wire that runs to the little running light on the side of the headlight to the unused spot on the blinker.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Not a problem man thanks for the info. I thought the fog light anytime mod would only allow the fog lights to be on any time, I didn't think it affected the dim lights. I have been meaning to do the fog light mod but have just been putting it off. I have messing with wiring on vehicles unless it is just for play, or a complete new rewire.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
I know in my 01 Tacoma I could pull the headlight lever back just enough for the lows and the highs to be on at the same time.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Not a problem man thanks for the info. I thought the fog light anytime mod would only allow the fog lights to be on any time, I didn't think it affected the dim lights. I have been meaning to do the fog light mod but have just been putting it off. I have messing with wiring on vehicles unless it is just for play, or a complete new rewire.
The fog anytime mod ONLY allows the fogs to be on whenever the key is on. Nothing else.

You would need something to send power to the low filaments. IE, a relay or something that doesn't also send power to the highs when just the lows are on.... Maybe a diode (limit electricity flow to only highs to lows, and not from lows to highs)?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #8
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
If you had your dims and brights on at the same time, wouldn't it be too hot and burn out the bulbs really fast?

GA
Old 06-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavonder View Post
If you had your dims and brights on at the same time, wouldn't it be too hot and burn out the bulbs really fast?

GA
Agreed... you can do it with a relay but i would not reccomend it.
if you had sepperate bulb for both lows and highs then yes very cool..

I did it on my Old Passat Here is a picture...

Man that car was fun....
Old 06-28-2008, 06:25 AM   #11
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, I would think it would burn the bulb out faster. Also consider the fuse to make sure it doesn't overload.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #13

When I did the fog light mod, I was able to keep the fogs on and have the brights on at the same time.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:20 AM   #14
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
When I did the fog light mod, I was able to keep the fogs on and have the brights on at the same time.

That's the point of that mod. The OP wants LOWS and brights on at the same time... Not just fogs, but low beams AND high beams as well. The fog light mod has absolutely nothing to do with how hi/low beams work.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:25 AM   #15
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
the problem is that both the low and high beam come from the same bulb. on the 90's model chevys there where 2 seperate bulbs, therefore really easy to do.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, I just did the Foglight mod, and it was the easiest thing I have done to the truck yet. Thatnks, piercedtiger!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
That's the point of that mod. The OP wants LOWS and brights on at the same time... Not just fogs, but low beams AND high beams as well. The fog light mod has absolutely nothing to do with how hi/low beams work.
O ok, Thanks I was reading it wrong