1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust reroute and warranty

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoAlaMode, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Aug 11, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode [OP] Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    So I'm trying to armor my truck up. Found some skids I want to buy and wanted to get my exhaust rerouted to allow the most clearance. I'm DC LB and will have enough problems with high center that the exhaust just bugs the hell out of me. Searched around and found some information about reroutes. So I go to a local exhaust shop to have them look at it and get a quote.

First thing the owner of the shop tells me is that if I reroute my exhaust it will void my warranty. He says the flange after the y-pipe is where toyota considers the end of their part of the pipe and mods after that don't affect your warranty. He would have to cut into the pipe right after the second catalytic to run the reroute and Toyota could claim foul on my emissions and possible even the motor warranties.

What are my options if any?

2. Nov 8, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    I doubt Toyota would void the warranty if you cut the exhaust.
    Call your dealer if they give you the go ahead ask them to put it in an email.

Sounds like you are looking at the ATO skids. All Pro has a skid that you don't have to move the exhaust but I have not heard good things about that skid, the design is such that the skid hits on a lot of obstacles. NYCO has that skid, you can see it in his build thread.

3. Nov 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I would think the only issues would be with parts you altered so as was said before, the exhaust may not be covered but it wouldn't affect anything else.

Products Discussed in

To Top