Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ultraguage?? Anyone used one

Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #23
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take some tomorrow. Got pretty late today.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #24
Spire is on a distinguished road
Spire's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine in the mail today (ordered Thursday, 2 day to Alaska is UNHEARD of).

Thing is smaller than I thought .4" thick and maybe 3" wide and 2" tall, very nice. Feels solid, good strain reliefs on cable and high quality ODB II connector.

Does as advertised and does it well. Updates every second (limited by the comm rate of the ODB II connector I assume).

My 2010 V6 stick Sport reports 53 gauges available. No fuel sender so you do have to manually reset at fill up.

The thing just looks great, blue LCD characters on a pure black background and it auto dims (user settable auto or manual) as the ambient light gets lower.

The included windshield mount is very nice, holds the thing tight and sticks like glue the glass. I have it tucked into the lower drivers side and over the left hand upper vent.

I have not played with a Scangauge and won't at $200.00+ but this thing is worth every bit of twice its (current) price of ~$60.00.

Below is a picture of a quick install, I can see custom mounting this either over the Rear view mirror, or ???

Let me know if you want some specific information...

Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #25
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #26
KellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud of
Army: UH-60 Blackhawk Crewchief / Mechanic
Name: Kelly
KellyJoe's Tacoma Gallery
So are the operating buttons on the bottom?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #27
Misplaced Texan
JTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of lightJTanner is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: Military Corrections
JTanner's Tacoma Gallery
How long is the cord (for hiding and trick mounting)?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #28
Spire is on a distinguished road
Spire's Tacoma Gallery
3 buttons on the back, "enter" on the upper left and "up/down" on right. I think they did this to keep folks from trying to do things with it while driving.

I found no issue in working the buttons while stopped, but it does limit the stealth mounting options. Although once set up like you want it, the button pushing is not needed much, but you still have to hold the "up" button for 3 seconds every time you fill up.

The cord is approx 6 feet. Keep in mind that the ODB II connector is above your LEFT knee (not where I am used to finding them) on a Tacoma.

I "installed" this after work in the parking lot, plugged it in, tucked the cord in the door moulding, put the rest behind the kick panel, and stuck it to the window. Took all of 5 minutes. I do plan on working it into place above the rear view mirror somehow in the near future.

The sensor for auto dimming is just below center line on the far right side (you can see it in my pic), don't want to cover that up either if you can help it.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:20 AM   #30
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-31-2010, 06:37 AM   #31
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely like the display, as compared to the SGII, but what appears to be missing is the X-gauge and trip functionality of the SGII. Any sightings of trip or custom gauges on the UG? The size may also be a problem as it limits where you can place it. The UG won't fit well on top of the steering column or in the bin below my single DIN HU (where I have my SGII mounted now).

I do hope that this causes SG to update the display to something more like this though.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:45 AM   #32
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So here are a couple of pics. Just like Spire said, it is worth double the cost and works great. I'm trying to upload a video but can't get it to load up on photobucket, but here are 3 pictures with each one showing the auto default gauges. Oh, and I mounted it right above the rearview mirror for an even more stealth mode. the cable reaches perfectly

Old 08-31-2010, 06:55 AM   #33
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
nope...........
Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 AM   #34
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
nice Paul... you just convinced me
Old 08-31-2010, 07:15 AM   #35
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. May have to pick this up instead of a SG....
Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 AM   #36

Let me know if this video works. At work so won't be able to see it anyways.

http://flic.kr/p/8wXaY6
Old 08-31-2010, 07:19 AM   #37
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul's TRD View Post
So here are a couple of pics. Just like Spire said, it is worth double the cost and works great. I'm trying to upload a video but can't get it to load up on photobucket, but here are 3 pictures with each one showing the auto default gauges. Oh, and I mounted it right above the rearview mirror for an even more stealth mode. the cable reaches perfectly
How did you run the cable if you mounted the UltraGauge on your mirror ?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
How did you run the cable if you mounted the UltraGauge on your mirror ?
If you look at my last post there is a video of the route i took to get to the OBD connecter, but I'll explain. I used that little plastic pc that covers up the mount on the windshield to the rearview mirror and then ran it up into the headliner it tucks up in there pretty nicely. ONce i made my way to left panel were the handle is, i just again tucked it behind that panel then ran it behind the door seal. It peels off pretty easily and wedges right back on tightly. well once you get down to the lower part you need loosen the lower kick panel to route the cable to the obd connecter and pretty much that's it.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 AM   #40
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
wow! i was looking into a SC2 but idk i found them for like $180 but $60! all i really want it for is MPGs and my speedo is a little off with 31s and im about to get some 33s and i was wondering will it display the actual speed?

im subcribing to this and keeping my eye on it

btw i got a 1st gen so... will it work?