LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ultraguage?? Anyone used one

Old 08-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #1
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
Ultraguage?? Anyone used one

Well I cheated on TW and was lurking around the 4Runner site and found this http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm, looks interesting, the price is really right if it does all that it says, I am considering one, since I want a scangauge but this does on paper the same. So passing this on to you guys here and making no promises about this product.

And now a group buy, thanks to JAG, link below

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...5-shipped.html

looks like I started something, glad to help my new forum home out.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
Seems too good (cheap) to be true.....

Someone order one of these things and let us all know!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed my yesterday. Looks good and working fine sofar.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Jimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jim
Jimsc's Tacoma Gallery
Outside Temp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoadWunner View Post
Just installed my yesterday. Looks good and working fine sofar.

Will it read the outside temp?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Let us know what it can read.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
wow. way to good to be true...
Old 08-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #9
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a link to the thread on the 4runner site? i wanna see what they were saying about it.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
Hunter-Gatherer
DBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to all
DBZ's Tacoma Gallery
UltraGauge Info

The OP peaked my interest in this so I did a quick Google search and found this thread off of a Corvette forum. There is some good info in it including a PDF of the user manual and one guy did a pretty extensive "first impressions" of the device.

Also, the number of gauges or amount of info the device displays is dependent on the vehicle it is connected to. Fuel level detection also appears to be vehicle dependent.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...gauge-com.html
Old 08-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #11
Hunter-Gatherer
DBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to allDBZ is a name known to all
DBZ's Tacoma Gallery
Also, from reading the Corvette thread it seems we missed out on the $37 price a week ago. It's now $59 after $9 rebate. I added one to the cart online to see what the shipped price would be and it is ~$76.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The only thing I don't like about the Scangauge is that there is no warning system built into it. I have one and it worked well but you have to watch it constantly to knwo if you get into trouble.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #13
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered one. will report back with how it goes.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #14
Banned
Since the Scangauge doesn't read tranny temp I doubt this will but at least with this you can set a warning for the coolant temp, afr, battery voltage and fuel level.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #16
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks that they jacked the price $20 on the 22nd., but still pretty cheap.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:51 AM   #17
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
I like my SG2 better...

but nice find...
What makes the SG2 so much better?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #18
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Okay. Just received and installed my Ultra-guage. So far it is working fine. You still need to fine tune for a while from what is sounds like reading the manual. One thing I know now that I didn't before is the Tacoma doesn't have a fuel sensor that automatically detects fuel levels. This is different than the fuel tank gauge on the dash. The fuel sender actually would send to the gauge where the tank is at each given report. So when you fill your tank up the ultra-gauge won't know unless you hit a button that's pretty easy to get to and hold for 3 seconds to reset the unit to the specified tank size of 21.1 gallons. It then will start over and start to calculate fuel consumption. Now, I've only had it on for one night so I really haven't had a chance to drive long distance and I still need to set up one more thing, but i need to print out the user manual and actually sit outside with the truck while I read it. Seems like all the temperature gauges work good and accurately. I will report back with more feedback on the usage. Oh and the lcd is pretty nice with the black background as opposed to the grey with black letters. These letters are those really nice indiglow blue.