Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New fuel pump?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
New fuel pump?

Have you had your fuel pump go out? At how many miles? What was the cost to replace?

After all the "burned up fuel pump" scare stories I have to ask... I have run every car I have ever owned out of fuel 6-20 times and never had a burned out fuel pump so I wonder how big a deal this is for a Taocma in reality.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
don't buy an OEM fuel pump...the filter is internal and you gotta drop the tank and remove the pump every time you have to change the filter...

I am about to install a Walbro 255 Fuel Pump...I got mines new off a member on XRU...I prefer an external fuel filter that way I don't need to drop the tank when replacing the filter...

you can get a Walbro 255 Fuel Pump for the 1GR-FE motor from URD for $155... <-click for link

OEM Fuel Pump - $512 for 1GR-FE <-click for link

its also not smart to run the fuel tank completely empty...especially with fuel injected...you starve the fuel pump of necessary fuel so it may start to run hot and burnout the fuel pump motor..
Old 08-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
jrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the rough

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Jason
jrws6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
After all the "burned up fuel pump" scare stories I have to ask... I have run every car I have ever owned out of fuel 6-20 times and never had a burned out fuel pump so I wonder how big a deal this is for a Taocma in reality.

It is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be..... proably not the best thing for the fuel pump, but def not a deal beaker...

You are not going to kill your fuel pump by running out of fuel.... bc without oil pressure it will not operate for much more than a few seconds...( which primes the system.)
Old 10-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
don't buy an OEM fuel pump...the filter is internal and you gotta drop the tank and remove the pump every time you have to change the filter...

I am about to install a Walbro 255 Fuel Pump...I got mines new off a member on XRU...I prefer an external fuel filter that way I don't need to drop the tank when replacing the filter...

you can get a Walbro 255 Fuel Pump for the 1GR-FE motor from URD for $155... <-click for link

OEM Fuel Pump - $512 for 1GR-FE <-click for link

its also not smart to run the fuel tank completely empty...especially with fuel injected...you starve the fuel pump of necessary fuel so it may start to run hot and burnout the fuel pump motor..
Thread resurrect.

Have you swapped fuel pumps yet? If so, where did you relocate the fuel filter to?