Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Badges chipping

Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
Badges chipping

I did the black out badge mod.... its been about 4 months and the paint is starting to come off probably just strip them and leave them off, it was worth a shot!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Proud to be Canadian Navy
crittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nice

Name: Stu
crittergitter's Tacoma Gallery
Same problem with my chrome grill. I just repainted and am hoping for the best. Can't stand the chrome, maybe will just buy a black grill.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
sorry dude
Old 08-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ha yeah, its all good... it will look good with no badges too.... ITS A TACOMA!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
How many coats did you do?

I sanded mine then did about 6 coats. They are all fine. I used krylon fusion.

If you did the front one on th grill that will chip from rocks and stuff. On the front I would use a spray on bedliner like rustoleum.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
How many coats did you do?

I sanded mine then did about 6 coats. They are all fine. I used krylon fusion.

If you did the front one on th grill that will chip from rocks and stuff. On the front I would use a spray on bedliner like rustoleum.
I did about 3-4 coats with the addhesive. I might re-do them but might just keep them off too, I will re-do the front badge for sure, thinking metalic grey though change it up
Old 08-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #12

Looks great! what bedliner did you use?? Brand and any certain type?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Rustoleum truck bed coating in the spray can. Like 8.99.
Looks good bro, did you also do your fender flares? Thanks for the info
Old 08-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #16
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
dude nice, I used bed liner to paint the bottom center of my bumper along with the expanded sheet metal I used to do my $42 satoshi to keep it from rusting and chipping and that shit is tough!

bums dont even cause it to chip
Old 08-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #17
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
I sanded then did 2-coats of duplicolor wheel primer, then 3 light coats fo duplicolor high performance wheel paint about 5 months later and no chips.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #20
Political Correctness Sucks!
skb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
skb7527's Tacoma Gallery
@JDKELLER,
your grill looks great! I just sanded mine and getting ready to paint, but was unsure if the spray on liner would work on plastic. Looks like it does...any problems with it yet?