Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BakBox for the BakFlip G2

Old 08-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
BakBox for the BakFlip G2

Has anyone heard of this BakBox?
its a new product from Bakliner who makes the bakflip.
It says it will come out in november but was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? it looks like this:

it collapses and is made of the same aluminum as the cover. it uses the cover as the lid. i've been wanting a truck box for the longest time but since i have the tonneau cover i can't use a standard box. this seems like the best solution.
any thoughts?

below is the video of the bakbox opening and closing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hweRVa3pvXM?fs=1
Old 08-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Holy Supermassive photo Batman!!
Anyway you can re-size that?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
pcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of light
pcledrew's Tacoma Gallery
The only problem I can see is that if you watch his hands when he opens and closes the rear most [nearest the tailgate] "wall" of the bakbox, he hold's that piece carefully when the tray is not in place, it seems as though that sliding tray is actually used to provide stability to that bak [see what i did there?] wall of the box.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i noticed that when he first collapsed it as it collapsed on it own. the 2nd time i saw him hold it before collapsing it.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcledrew View Post
The only problem I can see is that if you watch his hands when he opens and closes the rear most [nearest the tailgate] "wall" of the bakbox, he hold's that piece carefully when the tray is not in place, it seems as though that sliding tray is actually used to provide stability to that bak [see what i did there?] wall of the box.

I am confused on why this is a problem?

I think it looks cool, very innovative. I am sure they will work out the kinks with this box, but a great idea and I sure they will be selling a lot of these.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
in looks alright but im confused be the repetitiveness of that video , did he need to do it more than once ?
Old 08-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #7

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailerc View Post
in looks alright but im confused be the repetitiveness of that video , did he need to do it more than once ?

I've talked to the owner of bakliner over the phone before so i know that was the voice giving the orders to the guy. I believe the point they were trying to get across was what collapsing and uncollapsing the box was simple and fast and can be done over and over which probably explains the repetitiveness.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
Jmaimin is on a distinguished road
Name: Julian
Jmaimin's Tacoma Gallery
Okay everyone, here's the bottom line on the new BakBox. Firstly, let me introduce myself: I am Julian Maimin and I am the owner and CEO of BAK Industries, as well as the designer of both the BakFlip and the new BakBox.

What you see in the BakBox video is a PROTOTYPE that is not yet complete. The final product will be far more robust than the prototype and will likely be released to market in about 3 weeks from now. The walls of the box will be modular to be able to ship in a small box and fold out the way when not in use, but when folded to the box configuration, will be as solid as any toolbox you've ever seen. The walls will not flop down as they appear in the prototypical video. They will be able to be firmly secured in place.

email me at julian@bakliner.com if you need further info. I will make sure to notify all when the product is released.

One thing I can assure you all of, is that when we do release the new BakBox, it will be a stellar product that will be worthy of the BAK logo.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
Rockinroad is on a distinguished road
Rockinroad's Tacoma Gallery
Hello: My name is Morrie and I own and manage www.bakfactoryoutlet.com. We specialize in all Bak Industries products exclusively. I visit the factory every week to pickup product for my local customers in San Diego and Orange Counties. The Tacoma model BakFlip is one of my favorites because of its unique engineering that adapts to the Tacomas cargo rails. I have just seen the latest prototype of the BakFlip BakBox and it is going to blow your minds. We are accepting pre-orders for an anticipated ship date of 9/15. Because of its ergonomic and practical design the BakBox will do for the tool box what the BakFlip did for the tonneau cover industry. The BakBox will create a new way to organize all of the small stuff floating around in the back of your truck both inside and out. Please feel free to contact me through the forum or my personal e-mail morrie@dinamitetbs.com. You can also call us at 866 506-0142 ext. 704
Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #10

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
how much will they be going for the tacoma models? and will be there a difference between the long and short beds?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #11
We are offering the new BakBox to our customers at $199. inc.shipping. The reail MAP price will be $249. Shipping is expected for the 2nd week of Sept.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #12

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
gotta be honest, compared to a regular truck box, that kinda sounds steep. Might have to hold off on pulling the trigger on this one for now.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #13
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested to know more about this box. I dont think its something I will buy right away, but after a few months and depending on how much room it takes up while its folded away and when reviews start coming in on people that like/dislike it
Old 08-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #14
Jmaimin is on a distinguished road
Name: Julian
Jmaimin's Tacoma Gallery
BakBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMtnMan View Post
I am interested to know more about this box. I dont think its something I will buy right away, but after a few months and depending on how much room it takes up while its folded away and when reviews start coming in on people that like/dislike it
Here's another look at how much room it takes up. Not much! The open box measures out to 11 inches deep, 10 inches wide and the width of the truck bed inside the rails.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFv8uNHAJ1M
Old 08-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
That's actually really cool!

I will definitely consider getting the Bakflip and box probably around Christmas time when I treat myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinroad View Post
Hello: My name is Morrie and I own and manage www.bakfactoryoutlet.com. We specialize in all Bak Industries products exclusively. I visit the factory every week to pickup product for my local customers in San Diego and Orange Counties. The Tacoma model BakFlip is one of my favorites because of its unique engineering that adapts to the Tacomas cargo rails. I have just seen the latest prototype of the BakFlip BakBox and it is going to blow your minds. We are accepting pre-orders for an anticipated ship date of 9/15. Because of its ergonomic and practical design the BakBox will do for the tool box what the BakFlip did for the tonneau cover industry. The BakBox will create a new way to organize all of the small stuff floating around in the back of your truck both inside and out. Please feel free to contact me through the forum or my personal e-mail morrie@dinamitetbs.com. You can also call us at 866 506-0142 ext. 704
I'm in SD so maybe you can hook a local up when my time comes......and if its a good enough deal I could get ready really quick.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #16
BakBox for local Lembowski

hey there Lembowski:
I always take care of locals! Our introductory price of $199. is all I can post for you right now, but sometimes I can be persuaded by a customer on the phone.
The intro price will be good until the end of Sept. and the BakBox will start shipping in mid Sept.

Thanks,
Morrie
Old 08-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #17
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey there Lembowski:
I always take care of locals! Our introductory price of $199. is all I can post for you right now, but sometimes I can be persuaded by a customer on the phone.
The intro price will be good until the end of Sept. and the BakBox will start shipping in mid Sept.

Thanks,
Morrie
Morrie I will be buying the cover and the box all at one time. I will give you a call next week and see what can be done about the combo.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #18
_swede is on a distinguished road

Army: AVN
Name: Kris
_swede's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Great customer service!!

Quote:
I talked to Morrie at the end of last week. I placed an order for two complete setups (BAKFlip G2, BAKBox, tiedowns and DynoLock) for a 2nd gen Taco and an '02 Tundra. It was very reassuring talking to him. I had all of my questions answered and felt absolutely no sales pressure. I'm expecting delivery on 9/30 and 10/4 respectively, I can't wait!

THANK YOU for excellent customer service!!