1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squeak!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blackonwhite, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Jun 29, 2008 at 10:37 AM
    blackonwhite

blackonwhite [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 white tacoma black 17' ssr wheels
    Every time i push the clutch down in my truck it squeaks bad. Its about to drive me insane and i cant get it to stop. Its a 2006 2.7 5 speed. The truck only has 34k on it so it shouldnt be squeaking yet. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what they did about it

2. Jun 29, 2008 at 10:54 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Can you determine it's the clutch pedal or something else?

I hope you don't have the same problem as the 1st generation trucks had. If so - Toyota should be ashamed for not redesigning it and getting rid of that problem.

The first generation trucks had problems with the clutch pedal bushing. On my 96 ...I replaced the bushing 3 times in a matter of 5 years. I even made a write-up for it. It was a horseshoe shaped plastic bushing that sat inbetween the spring & pivot arm (so to speak). They'd wear and crack off completely and the pivot arm would sit directly on the spring.

3. Jun 29, 2008 at 11:02 AM
    famousfernando

famousfernando Well-Known Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 tacoma trd package 6" fabtech l
    i have an 07 6 speed and i have the same problem i havnt got a chance to look at it but i was just plannin on spraying some wd40 on it

4. Jun 29, 2008 at 12:16 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    if spraying some type of lubricant on it doesnt work......go back to the stealer.........they may warranty a new clutch pedal if it continues to squeak.

5. Jun 29, 2008 at 12:25 PM
    robinsonda1

robinsonda1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport Pre-Runner v-6 auto
    I had the same problem, I traded it in. Seriously though there is a TSB out for that.

6. Jun 29, 2008 at 12:26 PM
    BeefTaco

BeefTaco WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST

Member:
    Santa Cruz County Ca.
    Fixed so many of those I don't want to have guess on how many but when Toyota new it was a problem they kept sending you the same part to make the repair it seems they would rather deplete there stock of bad parts and keep using them until there all gone then you get the updated part.

BlackonWhite the only other place I have seen them squeak is at the pivot ball for the throw out bearing fork inside the bell housing. So listen to see if the noise is inside the truck or outside.

7. Jun 29, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    my truck started doing it about a week ago. There was only about 2500 miles on it!!
    I plan on taking it to the dealer very soon.

8. Jun 29, 2008 at 1:27 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    There is a TSB on the squeak, go to a dealer, about an hour if they have the parts.

9. Jun 29, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Yup...You'd know it was the throw-out bearing when you pressed the clutch in - the squeek would stop.

10. Jun 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    blackonwhite

Member:
    Vehicle:
    It only squeaks while its being pressed down.. once its down it stops.. and i sprayed some lubricant on it awhile back and it stopped for awhile. Seems like ever since the weather started getting hot it has gotten worse and worse. I shouldnt have to spray my new truck with lube to fix it.... Its new there shouldnt be any fixing it. I asked a dealer about it and they said it would cost a lot to fix it and that it wasnt covered under warranty and i should just let it be. I dont think i can let it be when my truck looks good but sounds like shit when i pull up to a stop light. The dealer said something about the bushing being bad.

11. Jun 29, 2008 at 3:30 PM
    robinsonda1

robinsonda1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport Pre-Runner v-6 auto
    Unless you are over 36k it is covered. I'm not sure what that dealer is smoking.

12. Jun 29, 2008 at 4:21 PM
    MythotiK

MythotiK Self Made...

Member:
    Just South of Hell...
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver TRD Sport AC
    DIY: Secondary Air Filter Removal, 3" Revtek Leveling Kit
    Mine just started doing it recently as well...:mad:

13. Jun 29, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    Demoncleaner

Demoncleaner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    05 Dcab 6spd 4x4 TRD Sport w/Tow
    TRD exhaust Homemade bed mat & bed extender, front Drings, Short clutch throw, Summer: Stock 17's Winter: Blizzaks on 16' black steelies
    Mine's has off/on for years, usually on warm summer days or in winter on long trips with the heat on. Just like the 1st gen's. Only real issue I have with the truck, though I could barely hear it with wind, exhaust, stereo noise when driving. Spray all you want wont fix it. Here's what I do, first time lasted a few months, last time was May, no squeak back yet...

I pop out my homemade nut (to shorten the clutch pedal travel, if stock its the little green disc) towards the top of the pedal that pushes the white button in when pedal is up. Push pedal up. I rotate the pluger cap half turn and add little white grease around the tip of the pluger rod. Insert joke.

14. Jun 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM
    blackonwhite

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I'm gonna go back to the dealer and bitch alot and if that dont work just go out on the lot and start taking the clutch off a new one.. then maybe they wil reconsider fixin it for me

15. Jun 30, 2008 at 8:20 PM
    blackonwhite

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I got my squeak fixed.... if the squeak seems to be coming from under the truck rather than inside .. it most likely is the rubber boot that goes into the side of the tranny ..just pull it back and squirt some lube into it and it should be good as new..just have somone sit inside and push the clutch till you get it to stop

Products Discussed in

To Top