Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Expo rig...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
tomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomesd's Tacoma Gallery
Expo rig...

I recently started modifying my 06 DC into an EXPO rig of sorts and just installed a Frontrunner rack on my Snugtop. I hadn't seen these installed this way so I figured I'd post some pics. I have front and rear CBI bumpers ordered and was told they would be finished this last Wednesday but it seems they are shorthanded as of late. I'll post more pics when I get them finished.

It solid as a rock up there. The dimentions are 48"x60" and with the OEM roof rack on the cab there is just enough room between them for articulation. I'm real happy with it.

Here is a pic a few years back...

Old 08-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im diggin that van!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, But your definately gonna need a snorkel.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
nice, amazing truck and ... van...
Old 08-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
theflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nice

Law Enforcement: Federale
Name: Tosh
theflyingtosher's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theflyingtosher
looks good, definitely likin both rigs
Old 08-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Im diggin that van!

We'll put in some shag rug, an 8 track player and some beanbag chairs and you think you died and went to heaven. Just for you Pal.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
tomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomesd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomesd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
you def know how to build up some pretty sweet rigs. is the van 4x4? can you even get a 4x4 van?
Yep, 4x4. Dana 60's with F/R ARB lockers, Free floating rear, etc, etc.

http://sportsmobile.com/
Old 08-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #10
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomesd View Post

Can't wait to see whats in store. You should post a build for that van as well!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #11
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I am liking your setup with the truck!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #12
tomesd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I am liking your setup with the truck!
Thanks, I've liked yours for years. I got the rack from Equipt Expedition Outfitters. Paul there was very helpful in figuring out which rack would work, etc.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #13
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Im diggin that van!
x2...thats actually purty badass!!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #14
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Air Force: TSgt
Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
How does the frontrunner attach to the shell? via tracks/bars (i.e. Yakima) or otherwise? If you posted that already, sorry I didn't see it. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #15
tomesd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim A View Post
How does the frontrunner attach to the shell? via tracks/bars (i.e. Yakima) or otherwise? If you posted that already, sorry I didn't see it. Thanks.
Yep, trackbars. Heavy solid aluminum tracks I had to cut to length. I don't think they are comparable with Yakima stuff or not.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #16
tomesd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
you def know how to build up some pretty sweet rigs.

Thanks- I've got a matching YJ too :-)

The colors weren't planned necessary but we like the look none the less!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #17
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yeeeaap! Back in the early-mid 90s i think Dodge made the Dodge Caravan with AWD

Oh and the sienna comes in AWD too!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, I've liked yours for years. I got the rack from Equipt Expedition Outfitters. Paul there was very helpful in figuring out which rack would work, etc.
Can you get a close up of the track bars. I used to have a Snugtop and might be going back to that shell but I want a roof rack similar to what you have. I also want to run the same thing over my cab using a design that somebody on this forum used to mount his roof rack.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #20
tomesd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Can you get a close up of the track bars. I used to have a Snugtop and might be going back to that shell but I want a roof rack similar to what you have. I also want to run the same thing over my cab using a design that somebody on this forum used to mount his roof rack.
You bet- I'll snap some when I get home in q couple hrs. I thought about a longer rack cantilevered over the cab a foot or two but decided against it. I'll post those pics in a few.

Products Discussed in this Thread