Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

hood pins

Old 08-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: helo electrician
rhys's Tacoma Gallery
hood pins

any body got em. how did you do the install?

im thinking about putting these in to replace the manual lever under the hood.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
nobody?
Old 08-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I'd think that if you run them without getting a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood, it might be kinda ricer status
Old 08-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
before I got rid of my C/F Hood I had a set of Aerocatch Carbon Plus Flush Locking Hood Pins...

I liked this hood pin a lot better since I sat flush on the hood and also had a way to keep it locked so that no one stole the hood and/or any parts in the engine bay...

yeah its a lot more pricey...but the way they work gave me satisfaction knowing that no one ain't getting in the engine bay unless they were ready to start cutting...
Old 08-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #5

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i would still keep the factory latch, just remove the lever that you reach in and lift. i just think it would be alot easier when you have an arb front bumper, a grill you cant stick your hand through, and a lift.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
White09TRD is on a distinguished road
White09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they install with rivets and lots of drilling into your hood. Not a fan of these...
Old 08-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
before I got rid of my C/F Hood I had a set of Aerocatch Carbon Plus Flush Locking Hood Pins...

I liked this hood pin a lot better since I sat flush on the hood and also had a way to keep it locked so that no one stole the hood and/or any parts in the engine bay...

yeah its a lot more pricey...but the way they work gave me satisfaction knowing that no one ain't getting in the engine bay unless they were ready to start cutting...
If I did it, I would get these. I know you want to have something to replace the latch but is there any other reason? Just can't figure out why you'd want em is all
Old 08-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
PR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nice
PR45's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys View Post
any body got em. how did you do the install?

im thinking about putting these in to replace the manual lever under the hood.

FWIW, not a fan of this set up, factory set up superior imo. UNLESS you have the different grill, bumper, lift etc as per prior post, that makes the factory set up impractical.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I fail to see why you'd get these with a stock hood. My 280Z has hood pins (just some old skool Kragen ones with push pins and no locks) on the stock hood... but that is only because the mounting latch was cut out to fit the small block chevy v8, I'm going to put a real latch back in.

As for security... they would have to break into the cabin to release it anyway or be an olympic gymnest or something to get under it.

As for an ARB/CBI/AllPro bumper ect and say a grillcraft or satoshi... it's all irrelevant as the latch is accessible ABOVE the grill after you pull the hood release.

If you want it for looks and to ruin resale potential... go for it. If you want it for a purpose... only get it for a carbon fiber or fiberglass aftermarket (or if you race it and the class requires it).
Old 10-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #10
revhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Manny
revhappyleon's Tacoma Gallery
I put some in simply because I had a hood flutter issue at higher speeds
Old 10-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #11
Defined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
Defined's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappyleon View Post
I put some in simply because I had a hood flutter issue at higher speeds
did you think to adjust the hood latch?. i dont see how it would be hard to open the hood with a bumper and lights , unless your a midget.