Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Simple Sleeping Platform: Cheap Works Great

Old 08-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #21
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job! Adding this to my "to-do-list."
Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #22
well.....
Rustyota has a spectacular aura aboutRustyota has a spectacular aura aboutRustyota has a spectacular aura about

Rustyota's Tacoma Gallery
Love it! Had similar in my last truck. Great for hauling plywood too--can lay it flat. Do you have a setup to lock your camper shell window from the inside? (or just keep the sidearm close?)
Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #23
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Great set up. Any sag in the 2x6's when your laying on it? You have 2 people on there at once?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #24
jahooten has a spectacular aura aboutjahooten has a spectacular aura aboutjahooten has a spectacular aura about
jahooten's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about 175 lbs and there is absolutey no sag on the plywood....it is surprisingly strong considering there is no vertical support in the center. It's really bomber.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #25
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great !!! You did a really good job there.....
Old 08-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #26
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
I am impressed with the ease and simplicity of it all. I love how easy it comes out when you don't need it. I also like that it is a double cab. Good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
What are these cut outs your talking about?
In the photo below, look just below the cubby hole and to the right of the blue dustpan. Do you see that recessed space on the wheel wheel? These are the cutouts that the OP is referring too. There are two on each side of the truck.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #28
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Why not just put a bedmat in the bed and sleep on the that? I don't understand the need for a platform....

My guess would be .... ample space to lay down .... ample room below to store "stuff" .... as I said, just my guess.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #30
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Name: Jason
toytacoma22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
I am impressed with the ease and simplicity of it all. I love how easy it comes out when you don't need it. I also like that it is a double cab. Good job

In the photo below, look just below the cubby hole and to the right of the blue dustpan. Do you see that recessed space on the wheel wheel? These are the cutouts that the OP is referring too. There are two on each side of the truck.

I think where a lot of people are getting confused including myself is the he says 2 2x6's. There is also notches on each side close to the tail gate (the same width about 6" with probably a 1/2" depth) I had never noticed till yesterday. They are not as noticeable since there is no wheel well to give it more depth.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #31
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn you guys ..... I am going to leave my nice air-conditioned home to go out and look now ..... I'll be back.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #32
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
Damn you guys ..... I am going to leave my nice air-conditioned home to go out and look now ..... I'll be back.
Did you see what I am talking about?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytacoma22 View Post
Did you see what I am talking about?
Yes, I see .... I have a long bed .... having 2 sets of notches.... many here have a short bed I'm guessing ....
Old 08-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
Yes, I see .... I have a long bed .... having 2 sets of notches.... many here have a short bed I'm guessing ....
Most do have short beds, but the short beds also have two sets of notches.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #35
bagster is on a distinguished road
Army: dog handler
bagster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrakenny View Post
Nice job man!
I sleep in the back of my truck whenever we go to the race track or camping. I don't get why my buds drive their trucks to the site and then go through the extra work of setting up tents to sleep on rock hard ground. With the cap and a blow up mattress I'm very comfortable, dry, off the ground, hard shell against animals etc....
This is a great idea. I've even read that some campgrounds in the West don't allow tent camping because of the bears.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #36
JoshR324 is on a distinguished road
JoshR324's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome job. I may just use this in the future.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #37
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Looks good! Planning on making one for mine so I can leave stuff in the bed and not worry about the dogs chewing on it.

Mike
Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #38
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
Name: Mike
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery
The slots fit fence boards perfectly. I built one also, but used two 2x10 for vertical support then fence boards in the slots then plywood.
See my write-up.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1036223
Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #39
Ipunchwalls will become famous soon enoughIpunchwalls will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
Ipunchwalls's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
This is a great idea. I've even read that some campgrounds in the West don't allow tent camping because of the bears.
if bears want to get into a car, they will...

Old 08-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #40
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
I think it is a great idea but I have a tent to sleep in the back of my truck...