Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sqeaky Noise From Rear End???

Old 08-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Sqeaky Noise From Rear End???

i went to a meet this past weekend n i took my truck off road a lil bit but nothin major just light stuff cuz my truck is a prerunner. after the meet since my truck was dirty i went to a car wash n pressure washed the under carriage n such n now i have a squeaky noise comin from the rear when i stop n when i take off n when i step on the back bumper/get into the bed...help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
i went to a meet this past weekend n i took my truck off road a lil bit but nothin major just light stuff cuz my truck is a prerunner. after the meet since my truck was dirty i went to a car wash n pressure washed the under carriage n such n now i have a squeaky noise comin from the rear when i stop n when i take off n when i step on the back bumper/get into the bed...help would be greatly appreciated
Most likely your friction pads in the leafs... there is a sticky for fixing the problem.... but basically pry the leafs open and clean the friction pads....
Old 08-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
Most likely your friction pads in the leafs... there is a sticky for fixing the problem.... but basically pry the leafs open and clean the friction pads....
how would i do that??? sorry im only 16 n kind of regret goin off road but it wasnt anything hard/major it was just a sand pit n a lil water mud stuff...haha but i was wondering bout lube???
Old 08-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
how would i do that??? sorry im only 16 n kind of regret goin off road but it wasnt anything hard/major it was just a sand pit n a lil water mud stuff...haha but i was wondering bout lube???
In my experience... lube makes dirt stick to the leafs and make it worse.... I will try to find the sticky for you to look at.... Never regret offroading itís a great time... just be prepared to fix problems like this.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
WD40 between all the leaf springs
Old 08-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In my experience... lube makes dirt stick to the leafs and make it worse.... I will try to find the sticky for you to look at.... Never regret offroading itís a great time... just be prepared to fix problems like this.

haha yah it was my 1st time n i had a blast...it was the All Florida Meet we went to Swamp Ghost in Orlando...fun!!! i got stuck in damn sugar sand 3 times but the 1st i got out of without having to get pulled out
Old 08-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
WD40 between all the leaf springs
is that ok???
Old 08-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #8

At the top go to topics, then go to 2nd gen tacomas, its called DIY: squeaky leaf fix
Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man!!! thank god for TW!!! haha
Old 08-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #10

Quote:
thanks man!!! thank god for TW!!! haha
Yeah... It's kept me comming back for almost 4 years!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
WD-40 has acid in it that eats metal and dry rots rubber so I only use it to break rusted bolts and nuts free. WD-40 also attracts dirt and dust. I learned this at the rifle range.

A good spray of some teflon spray will do the trick and it won't eat the metal/rubber or attract dust. It is expensive and hard to find. You will most likely need to do this every other week if you don't take the leafs out clean them and apply new rubber.

WD-40 will work, just not my recommendation.
X2! Learned this the hard way!
Old 08-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
ok!!! idk bout the rubber though it makes me nervous...fyi im very paranoid bout my truck
Old 08-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #13
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
what do u spray it down with???
Old 08-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #14
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
damn thats expensive!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #15
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
oh ok
Old 08-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #16
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
If it is what I think it is...it's your rear bushings
Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #17
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
If it is what I think it is...it's your rear bushings
if thats what it is, what do i do then???
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #18

Quote:
There is a TSB for that.... but your truck is a 2006 so you will have to pay for it.... I was Quoted about 50$ for parts and about 50$ for labor.... by the dealership....
Old 08-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #19
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty cheap...how can i tell if they need to be replaced n what exactly am i looking at???
Old 08-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #20
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Go to the dealership, they will replace them for you
Quote:
There is a TSB for that.... but your truck is a 2006 so you will have to pay for it.... I was Quoted about 50$ for parts and about 50$ for labor.... by the dealership....
I forgot exactly how much it was for mine but i could not stand that squeak anymore. its worth the money