Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How much did you pay for your Taco?

Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
How much did you pay for your Taco?

So how much did you guys pay for your Tacoma OTD? What kind of packages did it have on it and was it new or used?

I made the mistake of buying a Mazda3 when I'm more of a truck person. Now i need to rectify that mistake. So far I've been considering a 2005 Silverado or Tacoma's.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I paid just under $18,000 on my '05 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Off Road V6 with an Automatic transmission and 28K miles in December of '07. It was an access cab.

Edit:

Are you looking to buy new or used? If your looking new Read this. Its a pricing guide I made up which tells you about all the models, options, packages, ect. It also has the pricing for everything (both invoice and MSRP) as well as a list of the Toyota accessories offered (their prices and invoice prices) and which accessories to buy.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
$14,100 for my 03 Xtracab SR5 TRD V6 5 speed with 52k on it. Got it about 6 weeks ago.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
$24000 out the door, 06 trd off road dc. 12k miles. ontario, cali.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
I paid just under $18,000 on my '05 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Off Road V6 with an Automatic transmission and 28K miles in December of '07. It was an access cab.

Edit:

Are you looking to buy new or used? If your looking new Read this. Its a pricing guide I made up which tells you about all the models, options, packages, ect. It also has the pricing for everything (both invoice and MSRP) as well as a list of the Toyota accessories offered (their prices and invoice prices) and which accessories to buy.
That is a very helpful guide. It's for the 08 Tacomas, correct?

The one Tacoma nearby that fits my needs is a PreRunner V6 TRD/Offroad with the Tow package and unfortuently they went ahead and did the window VIN etching ($199), Vehicle Shield package ($349), and the Extra Mile B ($782); all prices are MRSP I believe.

Total MSRP is $28,505; what would you guys/gals offer the dealership? Texas has a 6.25% tax rate for autos. I have a 2007 Mazda3s Sport 4D sedan that I would probably trade for it. 14100 miles, I'm hoping for close to $15000 as a trade in; tinted windows (35% front/back 5% rear), HID headlights, matching set of Michelin Pilot Exalto tires with 12000 miles on them. Good condition overal with the usual chips/bumps that come with being a daily driver.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
Burglar of Turds
rjtoc2 is on a distinguished road
rjtoc2's Tacoma Gallery
2008 Double Cab Tacoma SR5

I bought mine new in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and dealt with an internet guy at the dealership. I got all of my questions answered AND everything in writing before I set foot in the door.

I bought a white Tacoma with a tan/beige interior. The vehicle was on another dealer's lot on the other side of town.

The MSRP on the sticker at the dealership was $28,700. The dealer had some options applied to it such as the SR5 package and a few others.

I paid $23,200 plus TTL. I had a trade in that had to be paid off. The rest was applied to the truck so I financed $17,200.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
a little over 18k for my used automatic 05 prerunner double cab TRD offroad V6 with 33k miles on it
Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
6,000 cas i got 17,000 for my recalled 99 taco!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 07 in March of 07 with only 250 miles on it.

TRD Sport Access CAb 4x4 auto w/ full tow package, fully loaded (?) etc.

MSRP was $29,600 and I paid $26,600 with $19,000 trade-in and cash.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:20 AM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooshoots View Post
That is a very helpful guide. It's for the 08 Tacomas, correct?

The one Tacoma nearby that fits my needs is a PreRunner V6 TRD/Offroad with the Tow package and unfortuently they went ahead and did the window VIN etching ($199), Vehicle Shield package ($349), and the Extra Mile B ($782); all prices are MRSP I believe.

Total MSRP is $28,505; what would you guys/gals offer the dealership? Texas has a 6.25% tax rate for autos. I have a 2007 Mazda3s Sport 4D sedan that I would probably trade for it. 14100 miles, I'm hoping for close to $15000 as a trade in; tinted windows (35% front/back 5% rear), HID headlights, matching set of Michelin Pilot Exalto tires with 12000 miles on them. Good condition overal with the usual chips/bumps that come with being a daily driver.
Dealers will only give wholesale or less than wholesale for a trade(only exception would be if it is a sought after vehicle). If you have a Carmax try them first. They usually will give more than a stealer will. Also you don't have to buy from them even if you sell them a used vehicle.

What is Vehicle Shield package? Is that scotch-guard? I would pay for that. $5 can do it yourself.

Best thing to do is look the Tacoma up on carsdirect.com or Edmunds.com. These will show if there is a rebate. Also I would offer invoice or a couple hundred above invoice. And the extra crap that they put on it. If you don't want it they can trade with another dealer to find the vehicle you want. Or you can try another dealership. I always pit dealers against each other for the best price. Also print out the information and take with you, so you have the knowledge needed to make a smart buy. Or a good way to get a deal is to use the free car buying service from carsdirect. They were able to get me invoice on a 2009 Tacoma DC 4x2. But the dealer fell way short on my 05 Tacoma trade. So did carmax.

I hope the $28,000 price is a 2009 4x4 DC. If it is a 4x2, that is way to much.

I had a friend buy a honda accord recently. He told the salesman if you shoot me straight I will shoot you straight & we both win. The salesman whispered to him not to take the 1st 2 offers. He said the 3rd offer is going to be the best. And he was right. My friend got what he wanted for his trade and got a steal on the accord.

As you know salesmen will try and make you feel warm and fuzzy. Make you feel like they have your best interest at heart. Well they don't! Their job is to make the most money on a vehicle as they can. Your best defense is the ability to get up and walk out if a deal doesn't feel right. That is where pitting dealers against each other helps.

I know someone that worked at a dealer and she said they would have contests between the sales people to see who can screw someone out of their money by over paying for a car.

Good luck,
Sean
Old 11-19-2008, 01:40 AM   #11
Smurfio18 will become famous soon enough
Smurfio18's Tacoma Gallery
I got my 2006 Tacoma Double Cab TRD w/23k for $14,000 OTD. I found an ad online that was too good to be true. Turns out it was but dealer had to honor the ad.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #13
cclax2145 is on a distinguished road

cclax2145's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 13.5k for my 2002 tacoma prerunner about a year ago. Sucks that i didnt wait a year could have gotten a 4x4 for less.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #14
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
14,600 for my 02 prerunner. 57K miles, still had a year left on the extended warranty, and the dealership gave me another year warranty.

Only thing that kinda bugs me is the timing belt needs replacing at 60K miles...they could have and should have done it before they sold it.

Made up for it kinda when they gave me 4500 bucks for my torn to shit ranger in trade. Most places would have made ME pay to take it from me.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #15
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
27k otd

08 TRD AC Sport. Bed Extender, Bull Bar, Tow pkg, the Works...

Would have been even cheaper but was upside down on my Intrepid. Think I would Have walked out under 25K...
Old 11-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #16
jstrauch is on a distinguished road

jstrauch's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $18,400 3 weeks ago for a certified 2007 AC TRD Sport with 10k miles.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #17
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine used from a guy who didnt want any money for it just wanted me to take over payment. I paid 16,800 for mine. 05 Prerunner with 32K on it
Old 11-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #19
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
New 07 prerunner out the door 23,300.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #20
jjtnova is on a distinguished road

jjtnova's Tacoma Gallery
23.5 otd, 2008 trd dc silver 4x2, about 3 weeks ago