Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

V4 to v6 swap

Old 08-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #21
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
hilux!

Raptor!

sorry... couldn't help myself
Old 08-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #22
LUISFER is on a distinguished road
LUISFER's Tacoma Gallery
Im not a mechanic. I have an auto parts store and we have a mechanic shop with an actual mechanic.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #23
LUISFER's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of doing some mods in the meantime. High flow air filter, exhaust, etc. I just like knowing my options.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Just so you know those mods won't help much if at all.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #25
LUISFER's Tacoma Gallery
I know. It only gives it a little more horsepower. But it looks and sounds so much nicer.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #26
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #27
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUISFER View Post
I know. It only gives it a little more horsepower. But it looks and sounds so much ricer.
fixed
Old 08-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #28
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know how simple that would be, but I've got a simpler solution. Pay off your V4 and sell it with a much higher mark up due to its rarity then use that money to buy a V6.

Shoot if you're willing to go through all that trouble you may as well drop in the Tundra V8. The time and effort you put into it would be much more appreciated that way.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #29
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSTIZO99 View Post
Don't know how simple that would be, but I've got a simpler solution. Pay off your V4 and sell it with a much higher mark up due to its rarity then use that money to buy a V6.

Shoot if you're willing to go through all that trouble you may as well drop in the Tundra V8. The time and effort you put into it would be much more appreciated that way.
X2 - should be much easier to find a "donor" V8 now that it has been around for a few years. If you going to do a swap, might as well go big.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #30
LUISFER's Tacoma Gallery
V8 sounds nice

Will the tundras v8 fit??? if it does im sold.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #31
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will the tundras v8 fit??? if it does im sold.
Well... with enough hacking and welding, you could fit just about anything in there... Just a matter of how good your shop is and how many 4-letter words you're willing to spend getting the job done.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #32
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Anything will fit with enough money.

Here's a pretty cool option if you have deep pockets:
http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/bl...oma-follow-up/
Old 08-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #33
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Anything will fit with enough money.

Here's a pretty cool option if you have deep pockets:
http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/bl...oma-follow-up/
It just may hurt a bit, for her that is.

In all seriousness did you see my post about the alpine supercharger?

Here's another Tacoma with a v8 in it, although Mike's link is better because it's a reg cab.

http://www.planetlsx.com/vehicles/Ta...e_a_Tacoma/116
Old 08-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #34
Member Extraordinaire
cinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
cinch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Hold on... you're a mechanic?

Yah, and he also owns a parts store!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #35
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Im not a mechanic. I have an auto parts store and we have a mechanic shop with an actual mechanic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinch View Post
Yah, and he also owns a parts store!
No sir. Look above please.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #36
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
It just may hurt a bit, for her that is.

In all seriousness did you see my post about the alpine supercharger?

Here's another Tacoma with a v8 in it, although Mike's link is better because it's a reg cab.

http://www.planetlsx.com/vehicles/Ta...e_a_Tacoma/116
Anybody ever find out how much this cost? I'd love to do it
Old 08-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #37
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Another thing to think about with this whole engine swap idea, if this is your daily driver and only means of transportation, you'll be out of a truck for a while when this engine swap goes down. If it doesn't go smoothly, it could be a solid month. Even if you do manage to plan everything ahead of time, it's a hell of a project and a lot of work, especially if you do the V8 swap.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #39
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
The v8 or the supercharger? I have no idea how much the v8 costs but this is what I've seen about the supercharger

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...e-numbers.html
I did mean the swap. I'm not quite in the OP's boat, but I am still thinking about a blower in the future, potentially. A V8 swap would rule though, just wondering how much $$$ we're talking (10 grand? more?)
Old 08-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #40
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
I did mean the swap. I'm not quite in the OP's boat, but I am still thinking about a blower in the future, potentially. A V8 swap would rule though, just wondering how much $$$ we're talking (10 grand? more?)
In the link it shows prices. The blower is $3800 but I'm not sure what requires beefing up to safely run it if anything.