Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What is the difference between engine skeet plate and accessory front skid plate

Old 08-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
DoctorW is on a distinguished road
DoctorW's Tacoma Gallery
Question What is the difference between engine skeet plate and accessory front skid plate

My Tacoma comes with a off-road package, which includes engine skid plate. I am kind of confused. I thought the engine skid plate is a hard metal plate under engine to protect engine, but it seems that the plate under engine is not metal. Besides, every tacoma has the plate under engine, so that is not an option.

Then what is the engine skid plate? Is it the shining aluminum plate on the front? But that seems to be of no use.

And, if there is engine skid plate that protects the engine, then why there is another thing called accessory skid plate? What thing other than engine that needs to be protected by the accessory skid plate?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
shinny AL is option. they arent the best. budbuilds one of the best built i think
Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Im sorry but I just LOLd when I saw this.. "skeet" plate. HAHAHA

The shiny Toyota aluminum one is pretty basic and weak. Budbuilts and the All-Pro IFS Skid Plate are made of a stronger/ thicker metal. They can cost up to around $350, but if you do serious off-roading, they are worth it.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
skeet plate, HAHAHAHA
Old 08-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #5
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
skeet plate, HAHAHAHA
x2

HAHAHHAHAH. I love this title
Old 08-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
skeet plate is for contraceptive retention of engine fluids, the accessory skid plate is ribbed for pleasure and its a nice color but cant be guaranteed for full protection......if you know what I mean
Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
haahahahahahaha

well a skeet plate is a plate you collect your man juice in...kinda like a plate people collect their gum in

an engine skeet plate is the same thing but u put it on your engine when u take a pic to show friends
Old 08-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #8
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
the accessory front plate is silver and does not come standard with the TRD off road package.
all TRD packages come with a black stock skid plate in front but the Off Road has an engine skid plate that the sport does not have.
the engine skid plate is the one that protects the oil pan.
it is easy to identify when you compare the bellys of the two models.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #9
DoctorW's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you guys.
And sorry for the typo
Old 08-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #10
DoctorW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
shinny AL is option. they arent the best. budbuilds one of the best built i think
I think the shinny one that comes with the TRD offroad package does not protect anything. I cannot think what it is used for except for decoration.

Any pictures or links for the budbuilds skid plate? Thanks.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
The standard black one curves up on the sides to keep shit from wheel wells out...somewhat. The aluminum one bolts on over the black one. It adds another layer of protective skeetablilty but is basically flat. It is mostly just for looks past a certain point but if you intend on serious offroading then a real skeetplate will be better idea. It does make the air flow under the truck with less turbulence IMO, which helps nothing, lol.

J/K with ya on the spelling thang...
Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 AM   #12
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I have a "scat" plate under mine.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
I have a "scat" plate under mine.
Oh shit!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Offhand i dont know the website but google bud built skids and it should show up or you can take part in the ato skid plate group buy go to the the homepage look to the right on the top click the picture of the skid and it will take you to the group buy page.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorW View Post
Thank you guys.
And sorry for the typo
no, thank YOU for the laugh of the week, my housemates were looking at me funny the whole time