OH crap HELP a/c issue!

Old 08-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Mookie_s14 has a spectacular aura aboutMookie_s14 has a spectacular aura about
Marines: GySgt
Name: Tim
Mookie_s14's Tacoma Gallery
OH crap HELP a/c issue!

Hi all,

Went to get lunch everything was fine. Leaving Subway I got in the truck and right after starting A/C came on then immediatley died,..... i was like then . I fiddled with the control and found out it WILL only come on at highest setting (fan switch).

Any ideas? switch problem ? Fuse? WTF!!! i am in Arizona shyte!!!

Thanks in advance for any advice

Gunny
Old 08-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
you mean the blower?could be the blower resistor.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
swims with fishes
hansonian is on a distinguished road

hansonian's Tacoma Gallery
Read through this and see if it helps.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...t-working.html
Old 08-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
The exact same thing will happen if the spring in the speed selector isn't doing its job. If that's the case find the directions for dissasembly and lube up the selector spring and little metal switch pieces.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely the blower motor resistor. See above link for more info. Seems this is a common failure on Tacomas.

If you want to test it, get a test light and check for power at the blower motor. If the resistor is good the test light should get brighter the higher the fan speed setting. If it only lights up on high the resistor is bad. High speed bypasses the resistor.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Mookie_s14 has a spectacular aura aboutMookie_s14 has a spectacular aura about
Marines: GySgt
Name: Tim
Mookie_s14's Tacoma Gallery
thanks folks

I know i should have searched and all that but really thanks. being a day sleeper i was freaking out cause it was past my bedtime and i had no time to screw with it.

thanks all