Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Glassworks Unlimited: a scam?

Old 08-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
bills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura aboutbills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bill
bills yota 2wpeel's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks Unlimited: a scam?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with ordering from glassworks unlimited?
4 weeks ago I had placed an order with Tim Gerwatosky for a complete fenders and bedsides package for my Tacoma. Well, I have called the shop numerous times and left 4 messages so far this week with no response. I called Conway freight and there's no record of a shipment.

I would like to give Tim the benefit of a doubt and come forward to right this situation. From what I see on these forums, glassworks unlimited makes a quality product. I ordered the parts from

Glassworks Unlimited
5382 Oceanus Dr #A
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
714-379-9134
Does anyone know if this is a legitimate business?
Thanks, Bill.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of glassworks scamming anyone, did you call him directly thru that number? has you cc been charged?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I have front fenders, Rear bedsides and a hood from them. THey are good people
Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
Im so hungry i can ride a horse...
kmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i have had no issue with glass works
Old 08-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
bills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura aboutbills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Never heard of glassworks scamming anyone, did you call him directly thru that number? has you cc been charged?
hmm, I did call the number listed on the website (714) 379-9134 and my credit card was charged for the order last month.

I cant understand whats going on here, no one seems to have any negative experience with them.

Does anybody know another way to contact Tim other than the contact phone and email on their website?
Thank you for any info.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
im not real sure if glass works is on here or not. maybe the delivery company messed up
Old 08-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i would be pissed off.customer service is everything. those d-bags should return your call and at least blow smoke up your ass.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
Im so hungry i can ride a horse...
kmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
it may be that they are behind in work. i dont think they make mulitple sets at a time. i know it took awhile for me to get mine. i had to call them a couple times to get it
Old 08-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ maybe they are caught up with the MDR shit, doing fund raising and shit
Old 08-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i've ordered from glassworks twice and drove down to pick up my fiberglass

both time i had to wait a week or so for them to make the product. keep trying to get in touch w/ them, like said they prob just behind

tim is a good dude, try emailing them... thats all the contact i've ever had w/ them besides picking the glass up in person
Old 08-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #12

true, they may be busy with fundraising from the crash. I apologize if this is the case. I dont want to bash their company, I have heard good things about glassworks. I think from the responses here that there may be a mistake with the shipping co in the beginning or something of that nature.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

it takes a couple days to make the bedsides and fenders. I got my hannemann bedsides last week, ordered them on a monday, drove in on tuesday to pick them up but they werent done, but were done by wednesday morning
Old 12-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #14
Banned
fabian is on a distinguished road
Name: fabian
fabian's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks Unlimited IS A SCAM!!!

BILL:

TIM AND GLASSWORKS UNLIMITED ARE A COMPLETE SCAM.

I PLACED AN ORDER OF A COMPLETE SET OF TACOMA FENDERS FRONT AND REAR ON SEPTEMBER 1RST AND THEY CHARGED TO MY VISA $1,130.56 FOR THE PARTS PLUS SHIPPING AND THEY HAVE NEVER SHIPPED ANYTHING.

I HAVE CALLED TIM SEVERAL TIMES AND HE CLAIMS A GUY NAMED MIKE TOOK THE ORDER AND THEN HE SAID HE WAS CHECKING THE ORDER STATUS. MOST OF THE TIME NO ONE PICKS UP THE PHONE, AND WHEN THEY DO, THEY LEAVE YOU ON HOLD.

ITS A SCAM AND I AM GETTING A LAWYER TO SUE THEM AND I HAVE ALREADY INFORMED VISA ABOUT THIS FRAUD.

FABIAN ZABALA
fabianzabalag@yahoo.com
7901 SW 122 street
Miami Florida 33156
Old 12-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #15
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
^Its not a scam. I ordered from Glassworks before, it takes time, and the fenders are currently sitting on my truck so how is that a scam? Get your facts straight before you start spewing shit. This thread is over a year old
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^X2. Lots of people run them and they have been around for years. And engage just had a big black friday sale with them. I would have to admit they are becoming pretty well known for taking their time on mail orders but it is no way a scam
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #18
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabian View Post
BILL:

TIM AND GLASSWORKS UNLIMITED ARE A COMPLETE SCAM.

I PLACED AN ORDER OF A COMPLETE SET OF TACOMA FENDERS FRONT AND REAR ON SEPTEMBER 1RST AND THEY CHARGED TO MY VISA $1,130.56 FOR THE PARTS PLUS SHIPPING AND THEY HAVE NEVER SHIPPED ANYTHING.

I HAVE CALLED TIM SEVERAL TIMES AND HE CLAIMS A GUY NAMED MIKE TOOK THE ORDER AND THEN HE SAID HE WAS CHECKING THE ORDER STATUS. MOST OF THE TIME NO ONE PICKS UP THE PHONE, AND WHEN THEY DO, THEY LEAVE YOU ON HOLD.

ITS A SCAM AND I AM GETTING A LAWYER TO SUE THEM AND I HAVE ALREADY INFORMED VISA ABOUT THIS FRAUD.

FABIAN ZABALA
fabianzabalag@yahoo.com
7901 SW 122 street
Miami Florida 33156
how the fuck is this your first post here?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????

i guess the glassworks bedsides and fenders i have sitting on my truck are part of the scam too. that's some elaborate shit
Old 12-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #19
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
how the fuck is this your first post here?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????

i guess the glassworks bedsides and fenders i have sitting on my truck are part of the scam too. that's some elaborate shit
I like how he gave out all that personal info lol
Old 12-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #20
Señor member

Honestly this whole thread should be deleted because they are obviously not a scam