1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

IPT Valve Body Upgrade vs APR X-1

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Infamous325, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Aug 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    Infamous325

Infamous325 [OP] New Member

Member:
    So which one would be more worth getting for an 05 tacoma? A IPT Valve Body upgrade for the transmission or the APR X-one Engine Controller? I know the APR raises the rev limiter along with awhole bunch of other features. Does the apr x-1 do the same thing as the vb upgrade?

2. Aug 20, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    X-1 FTMFW!!!

nope the x-1 doesn't do the same thing as the VB upgrade...its a self-tuning piggy back tuner especially made for the 1GR-FE motor...

VB Upgrade allows you to shift between each gear a lot smoother and quicker instead of having that lag in shift and hard up/down shifts...

3. Aug 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    I need the VB upgrade lol

4. Aug 20, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    ^Super_Werty has the VB Upgrade matched with his X-1 and TRD S/C unit...he said its night and day...

I've also seen videos of Gadget (from URD) 4runner with the VB Upgrade...needless to say that thing pulls so hard with the S/C but I'm more impressed that with the VB Upgrade his 4runner just climb in the MPH area...and it kept on going and going...it looked like 1 long ass gear in the video...lol

either way both are awesome upgrades...

5. Aug 20, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    Super Werty

Super Werty Sleeper 4x4

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Tacoma
    air and fuel
    that is a tough one

I would definitely do both eventually. You kind of need both if you're boosted and want to stay safe from breaking stuff.

The VB upgrade makes the truck shift very hard and very fast.

Products Discussed in

To Top