1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

first trip in GB in the tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by beachbumberry, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Aug 21, 2010 at 2:23 AM
    beachbumberry

beachbumberry [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    fl now, tx native
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5 4x4 access cab
    leveling kit, american racing rims, push bar, nerf bars
    got my truck delivered last friday, and saturday morning was already driving a few hours away to Great Yarmouth on the south east coast of England.

[​IMG] [/img]

[​IMG]
    (damn caravans)

[​IMG] [/img]

[​IMG] [/img]
    (i want it)

Didn't get to do any off road driving, but i did find out that English parking garages (car parks) have hours, and they close early. when that happens, they lock the gates. So my truck and my buddies car got locked there over night, so we decided to party there. We all stayed at this 300 year old hotel that Charles dickens lived in from 1848-1849 and it was by far the creepiest place i've ever stayed. It had narrow creeky hallways that mazed on forever, and old school elevator (lift) that only had the little gate for the door and a glass swinging door on each floor that you could see down the elevator shaft, and the lights were flickering on and off all night.

[​IMG] [/img]

In the morning, while braving a hangover, a couple of us went and got my truck and found out you can drive through a some English street markets at certain hours and that narrow English town streets are not a good place for a tacoma. there were a few times i had to get people to get out of the truck and spot me because i ended up with only a few inches of clearence. While driving back, the other car that went ended up burning the motor up, so we got to pile 7 people into my access cab and laying in the bed for the last hour of driving. all in all it was a good trip, had alot of fun.

[​IMG] [/img]

[​IMG] [/img]

[​IMG] [/img]

2. Aug 21, 2010 at 5:21 AM
    BGrutter

BGrutter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DCSB TRD OR
    Rear-View Camera Mod, Anti-theft Tailgate, No Mud-Flaps, Diff Breather Mod, Color-matched Mirror/Handle covers, Front Valance mod, Phone/GPS/Camera mount, and Illuminated 4x4 Switch ToyTec Ultimate Lift Light Racing UCAs
    That sounds like a great time. Seems that you were on vacation. Did you send your truck just for convenient transportation or do you plan to stay there long term?

3. Aug 21, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    beachbumberry

beachbumberry [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    fl now, tx native
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5 4x4 access cab
    leveling kit, american racing rims, push bar, nerf bars

i'm stationed over here for 2 years, so there will be quite a few more travels before i leave

4. Aug 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    BGrutter

BGrutter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DCSB TRD OR
    Rear-View Camera Mod, Anti-theft Tailgate, No Mud-Flaps, Diff Breather Mod, Color-matched Mirror/Handle covers, Front Valance mod, Phone/GPS/Camera mount, and Illuminated 4x4 Switch ToyTec Ultimate Lift Light Racing UCAs
    Ah. Good travels ;)

5. Aug 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    you're driving on the wrong side of the road.

6. Aug 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Fish, chips and a Taco. Cool pics.:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top