Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

inquiring minds want to know

Old 08-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
inquiring minds want to know

i need to replace my windshield wipers. where should i buy them from? Stealership or autofarts?
Old 08-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I got mine at the dealership. I always get a coupon on-line for the services and there is always a $10 off parts coupon. It came down to the same price as wherever, they are Toyota blades (packaged that way) and I was at the dealer anyway. Look on your dealer's web-site and check for specials/coupons. If they don't offer any up, look for competing dealer's sites and use those. My dealer excepts their competitions deals.

Remember...there are two different sizes for the 2nd Gens. Driver's side is longer than the passenger's. I think they are 22" and 21".
Old 08-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
bosch icons.....from autozone, are pretty badass blades.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need no stinking wipers, just stick your head out the window.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
i replaced the OEM blades for Bosch Icon Wiper Blades...you can find them at auto zone...driver side is $21 and passenger side is $19...don't ask me why the price difference in both...but I thought it was funny when i saw them ring it up...I think its cause the drive side is a little longer than the passenger side but I could be mistaken...
Old 08-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
the rain hurts. i will be gettibg those bosch wipers today
Old 08-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

on a 2nd note the Bosch Icon blades have a built in spoiler that way at higher speeds it gets the rain and snow off more efficiently...lol
Old 08-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
When I replace I am going to go with RainX if they make them for the Tacoma.
They make the 22" and 21". Fits on the second gen like a charm. I just replaced mine 2 weeks ago with the Rainx Lattitudes "beam style" blades. Got them at Wallyworld for $18 ea.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Are the bosch ones just the rubber blade part or is it also the metal part that the blade attaches to?
its replaces the blade and the metal fitting that attaches the wipers to the vehicle...takes less then 5 minutes to uninstall OEM and install the Icons...
Old 08-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
its replaces the blade and the metal fitting that attaches the wipers to the vehicle...takes less then 5 minutes to uninstall OEM and install the Icons...
Thanks. Is the replacement fitting infact metal? and is it any cheaper than stock? I've seen replacement blades with these cheap plastic fittings which is where my concern is coming from.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Thanks. Is the replacement fitting infact metal? and is it any cheaper than stock? I've seen replacement blades with these cheap plastic fittings which is where my concern is coming from.
its metal...there is a plastic tab that you fold over to cover the metal...

if you want I can take pics of what mines look like w/tab open and closed that way you get a better idea of how it attaches and puts your minds at ease...
Old 08-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #15
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
its metal...there is a plastic tab that you fold over to cover the metal...

if you want I can take pics of what mines look like w/tab open and closed that way you get a better idea of how it attaches and puts your minds at ease...
haha I appreciate the offer but it won't be neccesary. When I need new ones I'll go check them out at autozone. Thanks again for your help.