1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lucas oil additive

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LVTacoma, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Aug 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    LVTacoma

LVTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just did a oil change (5w-30) and added the Lucas additive at a friends suggestion who swears by it, haven't heard too many people mention it's use and after a day of driving, I feel like its dogging ass and not at normal performance. Going to end up doing another change w/o additive if its still unusual tommorow. Anyone on here use that stuff before?

2. Aug 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    Yeah I've used it in my old worn out Chevy Blazer and my 66 before I got the new engine.
    Lucas is good stuff for some transfer cases and manual transmissions and big rig diesel engines but not for tacomas. Maybe when they get to 200K miles or so but not anytime before.
    Probably won't hurt anything except your gas mileage and performance but I would definatly get it out of there.

EDIT:
    On second thought you could hurt something. Too much oil pressure and you could blow a gasket (literally)
    About a year after I put the new engine in my 66 chevy I added 1/2 a bottle of lucas during an oil change and the oil pressure went WAY up (like 60 at idle! normally around 30)

Just make sure you get the engine nice and warm before you drain it and you should be fine.

And as with all my post, I'm no expert, just speaking from experiance. If someone knows more or I am wrong, please, feel free to contribute.

Products Discussed in

To Top