Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lucas oil additive

Old 08-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
LVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LVTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Lucas oil additive

Just did a oil change (5w-30) and added the Lucas additive at a friends suggestion who swears by it, haven't heard too many people mention it's use and after a day of driving, I feel like its dogging ass and not at normal performance. Going to end up doing another change w/o additive if its still unusual tommorow. Anyone on here use that stuff before?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've used it in my old worn out Chevy Blazer and my 66 before I got the new engine.
Lucas is good stuff for some transfer cases and manual transmissions and big rig diesel engines but not for tacomas. Maybe when they get to 200K miles or so but not anytime before.
Probably won't hurt anything except your gas mileage and performance but I would definatly get it out of there.

EDIT:
On second thought you could hurt something. Too much oil pressure and you could blow a gasket (literally)
About a year after I put the new engine in my 66 chevy I added 1/2 a bottle of lucas during an oil change and the oil pressure went WAY up (like 60 at idle! normally around 30)

Just make sure you get the engine nice and warm before you drain it and you should be fine.

And as with all my post, I'm no expert, just speaking from experiance. If someone knows more or I am wrong, please, feel free to contribute.