1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad window seal

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bozack, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Aug 23, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    Bozack

Bozack [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rube
    Dirty South
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC
    Just wanted to share this with the board........I have a Silver 2010 DC TRD. During the weekly wash, I noticed one of the rear passenger's window's rubber seal had completely seperated from the window frame. Anyway, after about an hour at the dealership, the service mgr said my Tacoma was the fourth one in this week, with the same problem. He said bump trying to re-glue the seal back to the frame. So, they elected to order new one, and promised to call in about two weeks. (yea right!)

Apparently, this 100+ degree heat wave, we've been suffering thru here in Memphis is taking it's toll on us and our Tacomas. But here's the clincher. This occurred back in June! So far, no call from the dealer and still no new seal. I think their waiting until the temps cool down, before they attempt the seal reinstalls. But it's no sweat! I'm cool with that. However, it looks bad on a brand new truck with 2k miles, but the window is not leaking, so I can wait it out. ;)

2. Feb 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    Victoria2657

Victoria2657 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Valentina
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport PreRunner, Speedway Blue
    I don't think it's the temperature. I bought my truck in October...and the seal came off right away. We have been nice and cool here in El Paso and that seal just came right off!

Products Discussed in

To Top