Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why the hard time about the TSB on the Leaf Springs.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #21
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Moleman View Post
Maybe dealers have a quota on the number of warranty repairs from Toyota and it looks bad if they take in too much warranty work?
Doubtful.

As posted...I believe it comes down to money and ego.

Also posted...a smaller dealership...or one in a smaller community with less service volume, will be more agreeable to do the TSB because it's a pay day for the service dept. part of the dealership...

Whereas, a large volume dealership that has folks lined up for retail service work...may be less cooperative to do the lesser paying TSB or warranty work.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #22
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Doubtful.

As posted...I believe it comes down to money and ego.

Also posted...a smaller dealership...or one in a smaller community with less service volume, will be more agreeable to do the TSB because it's a pay day for the service dept. part of the dealership...

Whereas, a large volume dealership that has folks lined up for retail service work...may be less cooperative to do the lesser paying TSB or warranty work.
I go to one of the larger Toyota dealerships in my state, and they questioned nothing and ordered my leaf pack, and put me in a rental for the 24 hours they had the truck on their dime
Old 08-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #23
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
drove mine in handed them the tsb lied to them told them it bottemed out with a load, they took care of it right then,the heavest thing my bed of truck has ever seen is the fibglass bed cover.
they gave me no lip the second time i went in about it, same dealer different writer.
first time he said he knew nothing bout it, i told him to look it up right then
Old 08-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #24
BBBsti LTD will become famous soon enough
BBBsti LTD's Tacoma Gallery
So, does the truck gets higher when the leaf springs TSB is done?
And if so, is the lift only in the rear?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #25
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBsti LTD View Post
So, does the truck gets higher when the leaf springs TSB is done?
And if so, is the lift only in the rear?
Slight 1 inch or one and a half inch has been reported here from those who have had it done to an otherwise stock truck.

Rear only.

Just like a pickup should be. And every Ford and Chevy I bought new was.

The rear will settle down after some towing and or hauling use. At least that has been my experience with the domestic trucks that were tail high from new.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #26
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
The TSB clearly states that shocks are not replaced on 2010 models. Only rear springs and a f&r alignment.
Thats on the TRD models that only get the rear springs,read the TSB a little closer.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #27
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
at least your getting your tsb springs for free! i had to buy mine froma member(bought my truck used and out of factory warranty) oh well 245 bucks shipped! well worth it