1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just put rims and tires on.. what you think? pics!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by supadave888, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Aug 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    supadave888

supadave888 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    morgan city La
    Vehicle:
    4x4 trd sr5

how much is what?

yea the tires are loud but i like the hum.. i catch myself riding with the windows down and no radio lol.. i love the looks i get when im going down the road and ppl look at me cause they hear the tires coming.. always nice to look in the door mirrors and see the grips turning..

2. Oct 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    carolinataco

carolinataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    2019 TRD OR, VF Tuned, URD Power Extractors, U-spec exhaust, Meso stuff
    How much did you pay for your kit? Im thinking about getting the body lift for my truck and installing it myself. How hard was the install? What tools are needed? I have the tow package but do i NEED the kit for the tow package? How hard was it to modify?

3. Oct 3, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    supadave888

Member:
    morgan city La
    Vehicle:
    4x4 trd sr5
    the kit was like 350 total but i definitely don't recommend doing it yourself you are skeptical about trying it cause it was pretty difficult.. took me 10 hours to do it and i needed a plasma cutter and a welder.. idk if they make a different kit for trucks with the hitch but it wasn't that hard to modify it just had to do some cutting on the new bumper brackets and hitch..

4. Oct 3, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    carolinataco

Member:
    NC
    They make a kit for the hitch that is separate from the body lift kit($75). With that kit do you think i would need the plasma cutter and welder? I have a welder but no plasma cutter. What has to be welded?

5. Oct 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    supadave888

Member:
    morgan city La
    Vehicle:
    4x4 trd sr5
    well i needed the plasma to modify the hitch but other than that you wont need it.. i have a 6 speed and needed to weld an extension on the shifter..

6. Oct 3, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    carolinataco

Member:
    NC
    Oh, ok. Well i shouldn't need the welder. Im going to ask a few shops around town how much the install would cost, if its too much ill just do it myself.... fingers crossed

7. Oct 4, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    supadave888

Member:
    morgan city La
    Vehicle:
    4x4 trd sr5
    yea they qouted me 450 to put it on..

8. Oct 4, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    2gtacoma

2gtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    H-town
    Vehicle:
    05 -PreRunner sr5
    URD Maf Cal, Airaid intake, Gibson exhaust, Urd short shifter,Trd shift knob, 2.25 lift,Satoshi grill, Trex eyelids
    clean desert sand mica i wish i had the extra cash to do a lift like that. I have done the satoshi and bhlm to my dsm access cab if you want to get an idea of what urs would look like take a look at my posts.

9. Oct 9, 2010 at 6:04 AM
    supadave888

Member:
    morgan city La
    Vehicle:
    4x4 trd sr5
    thanks man but i cant find any of your pics.. can you post one here?

10. Aug 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    ezemanf

ezemanf TaTonka

Member:
    First Name:
    EZE
    Cut Off, LA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Prerunner TRD Sport 4x2
    Debadged, JBL factory sound system w/ Entune, Katzkin Grey Leather Interior, Black Suede Headliner, Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks w/ 3” Toytec CoilOvers’ 4.5” Maxtrac Spindle Lift, Ome Dakar Leaf Package, Performance Accessories 3" Body Lift w/ Gap Guards, JBA UCAs, Toytec 2” add-a-leaf, 3” Rear Blocks, U-Bolt Flip Kit w/ Wheelers off-road Plates and Timbren Rear BumpStops, DTLT Headers, Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Exhaust w/ MagnaFlow Muffler, URD Intake, URD Y-Pipe w/ Cat Delete, GrillCraft Mx Upper/Lower Billet Grills, Clear Spyder LED Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Spyder Projector Headlights w/ 6000K HIDs, Cali-Raised LED FogLights, Predator Tube Steps, Avid Front Light Bar, BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover, and RGBW Rock Lights.
    Here is a pic of my Taco with 3" ProComp Level Lift and 3" Performance Accessories 3" body lift

tatonka.jpg

11. Aug 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    Holy 3yr thread resurrection!

12. Aug 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    ezemanf

ezemanf TaTonka

Member:
    First Name:
    EZE
    Cut Off, LA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Prerunner TRD Sport 4x2
    Debadged, JBL factory sound system w/ Entune, Katzkin Grey Leather Interior, Black Suede Headliner, Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks w/ 3” Toytec CoilOvers’ 4.5” Maxtrac Spindle Lift, Ome Dakar Leaf Package, Performance Accessories 3" Body Lift w/ Gap Guards, JBA UCAs, Toytec 2” add-a-leaf, 3” Rear Blocks, U-Bolt Flip Kit w/ Wheelers off-road Plates and Timbren Rear BumpStops, DTLT Headers, Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Exhaust w/ MagnaFlow Muffler, URD Intake, URD Y-Pipe w/ Cat Delete, GrillCraft Mx Upper/Lower Billet Grills, Clear Spyder LED Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Spyder Projector Headlights w/ 6000K HIDs, Cali-Raised LED FogLights, Predator Tube Steps, Avid Front Light Bar, BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover, and RGBW Rock Lights.
    hahaha...Had too. The body lifts are frowned upon on here but I don't think it looks that bad to travel on the pavement since I don't offroad too much

Products Discussed in

To Top