Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Avid step bars on a 2010 White doublecab

Old 08-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
chaztoyo is on a distinguished road
Name: Chaz
chaztoyo's Tacoma Gallery
Avid step bars on a 2010 White doublecab

I ordered a set of step bars from Brandon at Avid Offroad for my 2010 White, TRD sport, dc, Tacoma. They've been sitting in the floor for over a week, but I finally got them painted over the weekend and installed this afternoon. My wife is very short (under 5 ft) and she felt like she needed a stepladder to climb up into the truck. She said these make a huge difference and she loves them. These aren't the greatest pics, but this will give you an idea of what they look like. And these pics also show off the Undercover bed cover, and the Weathertech wind deflectors.

I love this truck!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Those look great. I'm thinking of putting a set on my truck for the same reason. My wife is only 4'9" and she hates getting into it at stock height.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
joetacoma is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Joe
joetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have been looking to buy these too for my wife, how much was paint roughly? What finish do they come out of the box? Would you reccommend them?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
chaztoyo is on a distinguished road
Name: Chaz
chaztoyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetacoma View Post
I have been looking to buy these too for my wife, how much was paint roughly? What finish do they come out of the box? Would you reccommend them?
I bought a couple of cans of primer, and 1 can of hammered black rustoleum paint. All from Wal-mart, so I spent less than $20 on paint. They are bare metal when they come to you.

I didn't really want chrome with the white truck, and most of the bars I've seen locally are too high and too close to the body of the truck to really be of much use as a step. My wife is very "petite", (I've learned not to say "short" around her, she hits hard!) and these help her out a lot. We love them and highly recommend them.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
joetacoma is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Joe
joetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaztoyo View Post
I bought a couple of cans of primer, and 1 can of hammered black rustoleum paint. All from Wal-mart, so I spent less than $20 on paint. They are bare metal when they come to you.

I didn't really want chrome with the white truck, and most of the bars I've seen locally are too high and too close to the body of the truck to really be of much use as a step. My wife is very "petite", (I've learned not to say "short" around her, she hits hard!) and these help her out a lot. We love them and highly recommend them.
Thanks for the info, I'm headed to Walmart!