Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Clear Corners??

Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
~AK49~
AlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
AlaskaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Clear Corners??

Are there any ways to mod the turn signals and driving lights instead of that orange color into something clear or white?.. Post pics if you have any
Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaTacoma View Post
Are there any ways to mod the turn signals and driving lights instead of that orange color into something clear or white?.. Post pics if you have any
you can remove the amber reflectors in them, but i believe even that is illegal. same for front turn signals not being amber in color. with that being said, i have no reflectors in mine and would like to get some yellow bulbs for the front to match my PIAAs
Old 08-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
diy mod
Old 08-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
i just painted my amber reflectors with tint spray...only when sun light hits it can you barely see the amber...i like it like that...
Old 08-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #5
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
you can remove the amber reflectors in them, but i believe even that is illegal. same for front turn signals not being amber in color. with that being said, i have no reflectors in mine and would like to get some yellow bulbs for the front to match my PIAAs
When I checked the Texas DOT last year this is what I found:

o Amber front side reflector - REQURIED
o Amber front side marker light - REQUIRED
o Front turnsignal light - amber to white
Old 08-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
samhain will become famous soon enoughsamhain will become famous soon enough
Name: Brandon
samhain's Tacoma Gallery
I removed my reflectors when I did the BHLM. If you want your turnsignals to be amber, but not show orange, Silverstar makes bulbs that have blueish tint to them when not lit, but light up amber when your signals are on. Here is a pic of my old xB with them so you get an idea.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #7
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
I removed my reflectors when I did the BHLM. If you want your turnsignals to be amber, but not show orange, Silverstar makes bulbs that have blueish tint to them when not lit, but light up amber when your signals are on. Here is a pic of my old xB with them so you get an idea.
A cheaper method is to take a set of amber bulbs and give them a light dusting of silver engine paint. Keep it light and light output is not compromised much. They last quite well, I've done a set on my last truck and they lasted 7 years, also going on 4 years on my motorcycle. On the Tacoma I did this last year on the side marker bulbs. My TS bulb is clear since they're DTRLs ( I prefer clear for DTRL, not amber) and it's legal to run clear bulbs for TSs.

If anyone does do this, make sure the bulbs are colored glass, not painted amber. Painting over the paint does not work well in my experience. All the paint bubbles off leaving you with a clear bulb.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay headlights worked fine for me.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:39 AM   #9
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaTacoma View Post
Here are some pics of my clear turn signal and silver engine painted side marker bulbs. Note that those are the aftermarket BHLM headlights with the clear TS lense. I don't have those HLs anymore, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #11
Krusey1011 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Ordnance
Name: Kyle
Krusey1011's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival lol. Where can I get the marker lense on the side in the white like the ebay headlights? I just want to replace the marker lense and not buy new housings (waste of money). I've seen them just removed and also painted black and I'm not a fan. I'm looking and I'm not finding them. Anyone seen them?