LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New driveshaft ordered

Old 08-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #21
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i got one from olivers custom driveshafts that works great! i just gotta lower my trans and t case then clock my tcase to get rid of the odd angle

(btw olivers isnt the one that broke)
Old 08-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #22
scottj is on a distinguished road
scottj's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, def not putting on driveshaft till i see if spacers help.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #23
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
why do you say that?
Well when I raised my rear another 1" it caused a vibration between 50-55mph which TW siad the shafts are a hit or miss deal, some have the vibration and some don't??
Just a BS answer if you ask me. Especially for the price they charge for the shaft.
I would highly recommend that if you need a DS find a local shop that can build it for you, & work out any issues locally.

The S/H to have the TW shaft replaced was going to cost more than a new shaft.

Some people got it and never had issues. But if you do research the vibration with the TW shafts is a common problem. (Almost always happens between 50-55mph)
Old 08-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #24
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottj View Post
Ordered Pro Comp CV style driveshaft for 07 Taco with Pro Comp 6 inch basic. I couldn't find anyone on here that was running one but found it for $320 new/shipped. It gets here tomorrow. I'll let you know if it gets rid of the take off vibs.
Where did you find the DS for $320?? Do you have a link?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #25
scottj's Tacoma Gallery
http://4wheelonline.com/Products.asp...oductID=158834

looks like it went up a little. i ordered mine on monday. total was 329 and change
Old 08-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #26
clintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clinton
clintonjeffries's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottj View Post
yeah, def not putting on driveshaft till i see if spacers help.
Yeah and either way, I'd be getting some sort of compensation from that shop. Pick your next mod you want to do, buy it through them but tell them they'll be installing it free of charge

The little stuff like that on the lift is what I'm finding is taking up a lot of time, which is probably why a lot of shops skip over it. They install the major stuff, but rather than using drop brackets for all the brake lines, breather lines, etc they just unbolt the stock hangers and let them dangle, anything they can do to save some time!

Glad you were able to find out about those though, cus maybe you'll still need the driveshaft, but without those spacers maybe it wouldn't have solved the problem.

Let us know!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #27
scottj's Tacoma Gallery
There have been a couple small issues with the install but I don't think they were too familiar with Toyotas. They do more full size trucks and jeeps. I can't complain because they have taken care of any issue I've had and picked up the truck and dropped it back off for me.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #28
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma44x44 View Post
How much did you buy your tom woods for Rhino8541??????
I got it in a group buy quite a while ago. I want to say somewhere around $300.