Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New driveshaft ordered

Old 08-26-2010, 04:27 AM   #1
scottj is on a distinguished road
scottj's Tacoma Gallery
New driveshaft ordered

Ordered Pro Comp CV style driveshaft for 07 Taco with Pro Comp 6 inch basic. I couldn't find anyone on here that was running one but found it for $320 new/shipped. It gets here tomorrow. I'll let you know if it gets rid of the take off vibs.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 08-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a front D right?

Justin
Old 08-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
Let us know how the shaft works? The Tom Woods shaft SUCKS!!
why do you say that?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
clintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clinton
clintonjeffries's Tacoma Gallery
I'm definitely subscribing to this! I'm in the process of installing my 6" procomp on my 07 access cab as we speak haha should be done saturday. couple questions for you on that note...

Did you put in the 3/4" spacers for the rear driveline or the 1" spacers? do you know? the kit stated to start with the 3/4", if there are vibrations to try the 1" spacers, and if that doesn't fix it to order that driveline...

how bad are the vibrations and at what speed etc...
Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
scottj's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the take off vibes up till 5-10 mph. They're not bad, just annoying. I didn't install it so I don't know about spacer. I'll take a look when I get a chance. Where does the spacer go?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
On the carrier bearing. You cant miss it.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #9
clintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
On the carrier bearing. You cant miss it.
Yeah, it will essentially look like this:

and inbetween the frame and that carrier, there should be 2 cylindrical spacers, if you take a tape measure you should be able to tell if they're 3/4" or 1"... and if they're not there then the shop that installed the lift skipped a step and that could very well be the cause of the vibrations...

EDIT: It sounds like a lot of people get the vibrations even with the spacers in there though, I won't drive mine until this weekend, but then I'll know whether the 3/4 works, the 1 inch works, or neither!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #10
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Just ran out and snapped a pic of mine:

Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #11

Oh nice, ok so fabtech uses square ones. do you know how big they are, height wise? did you do anything with your driveline or did those spacers work and no vibrations? I'm really hoping I don't get the vibes!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #12

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
they look to be an inch. I get some vibes but im also at 7" fully arched in the rear(which is for sale.) in the rear. I have the spacer and 3* shims.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #14
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
I have the procomp front driveshaft. It came with the kit, so I didn't have to pay extra for it. No issue's/vibes here. I'm also running a tom woods single piece, double cardan rear shaft.

I have the blocks, and some extra AAL's in the back. I want a whole new pack though.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino8541 View Post
I have the procomp front driveshaft. It came with the kit, so I didn't have to pay extra for it. No issue's/vibes here. I'm also running a tom woods single piece, double cardan rear shaft.

I have the blocks, and some extra AAL's in the back. I want a whole new pack though.
Thats tight your kit came with the front shaft! is it a stage 2 is that why?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #16
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
I think procomp was including them with the kits they were selling when I ordered mine. I can't really remember the details, sorry.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Dont forget to shim the rear axle with a CV shaft. You will need to change your pinion angle compared to the stock setup... or you WILL be creating more vibrations.

Remember is has to be setup so its the correct angle under load. Not sitting in your driveway.
I'm not too proud to admit that I don't know what you're talking about haha I'm learning... any thread you can direct me to that will explain in detail what you mean?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #18
tacoma44x44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
tacoma44x44's Tacoma Gallery
How much did you buy your tom woods for Rhino8541??????
Old 08-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #19
scottj's Tacoma Gallery
Just went out and checked. No spacer on mine at all. Called my install guy who is gonna get em from Pro Comp. Claims he doesn't remember them coming with the kit.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #20

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottj View Post
Just went out and checked. No spacer on mine at all. Called my install guy who is gonna get em from Pro Comp. Claims he doesn't remember them coming with the kit.
aka they ended up on his truck. lol jk. I would put the shaft on hold from procomp then and see if they fix it.