Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BHLM, yay or nay?

View Poll Results: BHLM for my truck?
hell yes BHLM! 74 83.15%
u crazy? dont do it! 15 16.85%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM, yay or nay?

im up in the air on the BHLM for my truck. i want some opinions, what do you guys think?

Old 08-26-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
im up in the air on the BHLM for my truck. i want some opinions, what do you guys think?
I say go for it. Would look better with the black trim on your truck. Your trucks looks great btw. When you gonna level/lift it?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Survival Instructor
Name: Justin
4X4_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't done it to mine yet but I like the looks of the BHLM. I do think it would look good on yours as well.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I say go for it. It seems like you're already heading down the road of red/black with the painted wheels, tinted tails, black fender flares and black grille. I think the BHLM will look good.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #5
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
It would probably look good on your truck.

But what a PITA to do.

I'd just get a set of OEM tinted head lights.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
I say go for it. Would look better with the black trim on your truck. Your trucks looks great btw. When you gonna level/lift it?
maybe a slight lift when its paid off, but as for the level, i kinda like the slight rake to it. especially since the rake disappears and looks level sometimes depending where i park.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #7
theflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nice

Law Enforcement: Federale
Name: Tosh
theflyingtosher's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theflyingtosher
as long as you're even remotely confident in your ability to do the bhlm, i'd say def do it, it'd look good on your truck and if you read the how to thread its really not that difficult...I just did mine last week and the most frustrating thing was getting the headlight housing off the truck
Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
You already got the flares, emblems, wheels, and tail lights done. Finish it off...gotta coordinate son!

Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I say go for it. It's not as hard as everyone saids it is.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #10
think i'll do it
Old 08-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
think i'll do it
Yeah you already got a good black and red theme going on so I vote do it!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #12
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I think it will look good. Can't wait to see it done.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it, it will match up good with ur trim and tail lights, im thinking of doing mine soon, or either buy some from ebay, but dont do the headlight covers, i think those dont look as good, but that just my taste.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSTIZO99 View Post
You already got the flares, emblems, wheels, and tail lights done. Finish it off...gotta coordinate son!

x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I say go for it. It's not as hard as everyone saids it is.
x2
Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #15
theflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nice

finally got a picture of mine up... like i said just over a week old...I'm far from mechanically inclined and it was easy even for me.

BHLM, yay or nay?-bhlm.jpg
Old 08-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingtosher View Post
finally got a picture of mine up... like i said just over a week old...I'm far from mechanically inclined and it was easy even for me.

does the light output change at all doing this mod?
Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #17

no, the output is still as bright... I still get people flashing their headlights at me at night thinkin my highbeams are on... the only thing i can think of that might get altered is the aim/angle of the light... just make sure to doublecheck it and adjust if needed once you put them back in
Old 08-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #18

do you miss your integra? I had a '94 LS turbo and i miss her everyday
Old 08-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingtosher View Post
do you miss your integra? I had a '94 LS turbo and i miss her everyday

eh yes and no. it was the longest i've ever had a car. sold her with 172K on the clock, bought her with 64K. lots of time and memories in that car. i dont miss her because a lot of things were starting to wear out (like brake lines and suspension bushings and other labor intensive things). i put a lot of time and money into the motor and various other things. sold her, bought another motorcycle sooooo i dont miss it because of that either haha.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #20

i know what you mean. i bought mine with 72k and when she finally died it was just over 180k. blew through the stock transmission, a rebuild, and finally replaced it with a new one, then started having alot of motor issues that were just too expensive and made no sense (financially) to keep fixing. She was my first though, and boy was she sweet