Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A solution to a problem?...maybe

Old 08-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Motorshooter
Motorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: IC2 SS
Motorshooter's Tacoma Gallery
A solution to a problem?...maybe

There is all this complaining out there about stealerships hacking away at gas pedals in order to fulfill Toyota’s promise to fix a perceived problem. (We all know it’s in the computer controlled drive by wire system) I’m really not in a hurry to bring in my truck to a stealership to let some half witted trunk monkey hack away at my gas pedal with a dull saw.
So, next week I will call the Toyota customer service # and politely ask them to send a new gas pedal to my local stealership, I will then drive in and have the pedal replaced properly.
Has anyone tried this simple approach?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
no but if it works let us know
Old 08-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I told the dealership I don't want my pedal cut up and would rather have the new updated one installed. They transferred me to the parts dept and it's on order. As soon as it comes in I'll get the work done. The recall notice says if your unhappy with the pedal trim you can get a whole new pedal installed...I'm just saving them the time and trouble of having to cut it. With the amount we paid for our trucks I really think Toyota can afford to install new pedals instead of doing this redneck fix.