Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I'm confused...2006 TRD offroad with hood scoop?

Old 08-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Turbo442 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matthew
Turbo442's Tacoma Gallery
I'm confused...2006 TRD offroad with hood scoop?

Can some one elighten me about this 2006 pre-runner?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/1915041018.html

Toyota never shipped this configuration correct?

If it really had no bad history what would this truck really be worth? $15-$16k?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its not an "Off Road". It has no locking rear diff. In fact.....Its not even a TRD SPort....Its an Sr5 model with a hood scoop, stickers, and color matched mirrors and handles.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
weird that it has chrome rear bumper & grille...
Old 08-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
weird that it has chrome rear bumper & grille...
Not weired for an SR5...
Old 08-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
So some one added the TRD offroad sticker to a standard pre-runner? You can get a 2006 pre-runner with a locking diff correct?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
no power inverter in bed either
Old 08-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo442 View Post
So some one added the TRD offroad sticker to a standard pre-runner? You can get a 2006 pre-runner with a locking diff correct?
yeah...They added the stickers, the hood, and the color matched door handels and mirrors, to an SR5 truck. An TRD Off Road will have a locking axel, AC power in the bed, and some other stuff...
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
ok, I see your edit thanks for the clarification. Its probably a major crash repair, or just some one with too much time on their hands.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I didnt think non-TRD's came with scoops or color matches handles. were they added u think? or do base sr5's come with them optional?

edit n/m i took too long to reply =\
Old 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #10

I flagged the post. They are advertising something its not.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i love how they are calling it a offroad and sport package and its neither hahahaha
Old 08-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #12
we all should flag it and get it out of there.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo442 View Post
we all should flag it and get it out of there.
I agree. And welcome to TW!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #14
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
how funny, tempted to call him and see how much bullshit he tries to feed me.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #15
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
I sure hope some poor soul doesn't buy this truck and think he's getting more than he is.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #16
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Unless something has changed for the new models, I think that's an SR5. ONLY the TRD Sport comes with body painted grille, mirrors, handles and rear bumper. Also, that's not the TRD interior.

I'd use the fact that it's been modified as a major negotiating factor. I'd be weary, however, as that makes me think its either been wrecked or abused by the previous owner. I remember the salesman telling me that all Toyota vehicles have a serial number on each body panel to show if they are original or not. Check to see if the serial numbers match, and feel the seems to see if you feel anything rough.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Just called, he claims it's an SR5, but he got it with the hood and color match handles, and the off-road stickers.

Said 17k would be the best he could do. he should be advertising it for what it really is, it looks like something members here have done to their truck. Honesty goes along way.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #18
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
I also notice that there is enough armor all on that steering wheel to blind you!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I agree. And welcome to TW!
Thanks,

I have had a 1998 2.7 5sp extended cab 4x4 blk since 1999. She has served me well but now its time to move on to a 2g Tacoma.

Dealerships just seem to piss me off, I try and start off nice and friendly but they either seem to have no inventory or just wont negociate. Actually I am having trouble even understanding what a good price is on a new 2010 or 2011. I went to a CU and got pre-approved for $22,000 so I can shop around for a used 2G from owners. Just looking around for a 4WD or 2WD pre-runner, Xtra cab or Dual cab. One thing the 2.7l from my 1G has taught me is that I DONT want another 2.7l. I am not in a hurry to buy. I know its kind of a dick thing to do but I have been just picking through Craigslist adds and low-balling people to get a feel for the market.

Here are three that seem some what resonable:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1917803608.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/1919189038.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/cto/1920343111.html

why is everything silver???
Old 08-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #20
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I flagged the post. They are advertising something its not.
Right on Chris, it should Always be about protecting fellow members from getting ripped off