Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about fog-lights & high-beams

Old 08-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
StarGazer is on a distinguished road

Name: MegaMan!
StarGazer's Tacoma Gallery
Question about fog-lights & high-beams

I thought I saw somewhere about a mod on that will let you keep your fog-lights on while your high-beams are on. Please point me in the right direction.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
takes less than 5 mins and works GREAT!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post45430
Old 08-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, I did it last weekend. Took about 5 minutes. Fogs now come on with park lamps and stay on with High Beams. And, you can still turn them off with the switch.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
StarGazer is on a distinguished road

Name: MegaMan!
StarGazer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I'll try it out this weekend.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what your state laws are regarding this type of thing....

You should check into the 'legalities' of it. Especially if you get inspections.

I have aftermarket fog lights that I can put on anytime. Here in PA - its illegal to have fogs on with high beams. Each year during inspection, I have to disconnect the power to my fog lights so I'll pass inspection.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
FLM FTW!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
spyshot is on a distinguished road
spyshot's Tacoma Gallery
dumb question, but will the fog lights go out when the primary headlight switch is turned off?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #8
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyshot View Post
dumb question, but will the fog lights go out when the primary headlight switch is turned off?
no. they are still controlled by the switch. they will still turn off when the truck is turned off though
Old 08-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
In most cases in thick fog or really heavy snow when you would be using Fogs You sure wouldn't want your Brights On!!