Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Steering wheel play/ road wandering

Old 08-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
PacoTheTacoMan will become famous soon enough

PacoTheTacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Steering wheel play/ road wandering

Let me start by saying that I have a 2010 reg cab manual 2wd. I have had it close to a year, and have noticed that I fight the wheel ever since I've owned it. Going down a smooth road at 55-60 mph, I am constantly correcting the wheel slightly. Alignment is good (haven't had it checked by professionals, but it tracks very well), tires are good with no bumps and at proper inflation. Tires are the Dunlops, BTW. I searched the forums, and have read of others having this issue, but haven't found any resolutions. Has anyone found a TSB that corrected this? I called Toyota, and the rep didn't know anything, but did get me hooked up with a case number for the leaf spring TSB. I would like to get all of this stuff done at one time. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Take the truck back to the dealer and have them check the allignment - under warrantee.

If the allignment is within spec - then tell them to FIX THE PROBLEM.

It's under warrantee...... get them to fix it!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I think the Tacomas are very sensitive to changes in the pavement. My 2009 drives perfect on some roads and on others the steering wheel shakes like I have a bad tire or something. I hope that doing the TSB for the rear springs helps. My truck seems light in the front because it gets loose when I get in the draft of a big rig.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
There is a steering TSB... dont have the number handy, do a search and you will find it.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
PacoTheTacoMan will become famous soon enough

PacoTheTacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, everyone, for the input.