Notices

Bed Realignment

Old 08-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
GLOCKAMOLE is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Trip McNeely
GLOCKAMOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Realignment

So some jackass rear-ended me a couple weeks ago. His insurance is issuing me a check for the damages, which are minimal. Among the few things wrong is the shift in my bed from the impact. There is appx. 1/2 inch difference in gap between the bed and the cab on each side. Do I simply loosen the six torx bolts in the bed and shift it, or is there a more in depth solution? I would like to fix it myself and pocket the money, if at all possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Yep that is all you do. Make sure you have a solid torx bit and not the one with a hole in the middle. The torx size is T55.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
GLOCKAMOLE is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Trip McNeely
GLOCKAMOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. Thank you!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I had to do mine about a month ago. Its really easy, hardest part is getting the bolts loose.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
I actually have a similar issue (except that mine was caused by an owl flying into the side of my truck....) but I'm shifted from side to side.

Thanks for the info!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryRider View Post
I actually have a similar issue (except that mine was caused by an owl flying into the side of my truck....) but I'm shifted from side to side.

Thanks for the info!
How big was the owl?