1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB Experience

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ST088, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Aug 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    ST088

ST088 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab 4x4 TRD offroad
    I scheduled my appt. 3 weeks ago with Courville Toyota in Opelouses, Louisiana. I told them that I wanted the Transmission and Leafspring TSB and gave her the numbers on both, she looked them up and said no problem, I also asked them for loaner because I live 60 miles away she also said no problem. So I bring it in at 8:00 am today and I drop it off and get my loaner, she told she would call me when it is finsihed, so at 2:30 pm I called them to see how things were going and they proceeded to tell me that they did not have the parts in to do the leaf-spring TSB or the Transmission reflash, I asked what parts does she need to reflash my transmission and she got slient and said she would take care of that and bring the truck back Tuesday because the springs will be in. On the bright side the truck is shifting like a champ, but it will be awhile before I can take off again and get the springs put in. Thank you for letting me rant!!

2. Aug 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    That sucks. Tell them you at least want a full tank of gas for wasteing your time.

3. Aug 27, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:
    free gas

4. Aug 31, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    Primersinmyshoe

Primersinmyshoe Old Sheepdog

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited MGM
    None (yet)
    My 2010 Tacoma got dropped off at the dealer an hour ago. I requested the rear springs and tranny flash. They loaned me a 2010 Prius. I don't like it, but it's free. It may take over one day to do the work. I like Seeger Toyota in St. Louis.

5. Aug 31, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    Tojo

Tojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado/Arizona
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Mobil 1 0-20W, Tacoma bed mat, tailgate anti-theft, oil filter drain hose, back seat headrest removal, a/c back seat platform, rear spring tsb, Tek.Prodigy P2 electric brake cntrl, Toyota Bed Extender
    it'll be worth it once you get it done. after i got home with mine i noticed the left side overload spring was skewed about 1/2" out of alignment. had to remove the shock lower mount, loosen the u-bolts and slide it over to line-up with the other 3 leafs. then had to do a little touch-up spray paint to cover the chips from install and shipping scuff marks.

my guess is the tech did the left side 1st and when he lowered the right side (too far) it caused the left side to slide outward and never re-checked when he got done.

6. Aug 31, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    Primersinmyshoe

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited MGM
    None (yet)
    Hmm...

When I go to pick it up should I slide under the rear end and check things out before I leave?

They offered a free car wash, but I declined. I am very particular about washing my car. I clay barred it when I brought it home and am very careful about washing/drying it. I sure don't want any swirl marks from some automatic car wash.

What else can go wrong that I should look out for?

7. Aug 31, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    Tojo

Tojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado/Arizona
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Mobil 1 0-20W, Tacoma bed mat, tailgate anti-theft, oil filter drain hose, back seat headrest removal, a/c back seat platform, rear spring tsb, Tek.Prodigy P2 electric brake cntrl, Toyota Bed Extender

wouldn't hurt to check. I glanced at the right side but not the left until I got home. it's about 250 miles round trip for me and i was in a hurry to get out of there.....drop off the rental, etc.

8. Sep 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    Primersinmyshoe

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited MGM
    None (yet)
    The dealer called me at noon today, job done. They said the tranny flash wasn't needed - I really don't think so too, but I thought I'd try just in case. I was glad to get rid of the Prius hybrid thing. Almost turned into a tree hugging democrat!

The truck bed now sits a little over an inch higher, and the overload springs are aligned with the other leaves.

Same front shocks.

Gas pedal got cut up. Now it looks kinda like a go-cart gas pedal. My foot can't feel any difference.

Overall, I think I did good. What do you think?

9. Sep 1, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I had a dumbass experience with my Springs TSB. I feel your pain brother.

10. Sep 1, 2010 at 10:53 PM
    drifter

drifter moderately modded

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    good stuff
    OME 880's/Nitrochargers, Rebuilt leaf packs, diff breather extension, hole in air box, truck toolbox, panasonic stereo, Mag light mount, Glasstite canopy, Custom designed/built light bar, Hella 500's.
    Since this is about TSB leafs, what's an easy way to tell if a truck has a tsb? I think I read something about it having 4 leafs...?

Products Discussed in

To Top