Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Debadging complete and new vinyl installed

Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Debadging complete and new vinyl installed

+1 for SockMonkey!!! He is the man when it comes to these decals/stickers/vinyl's. I got them installed today and it was as easy as following the included instructions. Turned out good and I think it looks good on there with the Desert Sand truck color. The grill is drying right now as well, painted matte black with Aluma-Hyde II epoxy paint. After a couple of weeks when good and dry the grill paint will take wax just fine and theat just makes it look even better and helps protect the paint.

Here is a link to some instructional videos on applying these, below the video are thumb links to other applying videos.

http://www.ehow.com/video_2331886_ap...eparation.html

Old 07-05-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
Old 07-05-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
very nice!! Bad ass
Old 07-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! That font its from Lord of The Rings hehe very nice
Old 07-05-2008, 07:59 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Cool! That font its from Lord of The Rings hehe very nice
4 Wheels Of FURY!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool!! Great idea!!

I wanna remove my stock TRD Sport graphics and design my own someday. Just haven't gotten off my butt to design something. Not high on the priority list....

New graphics gives the truck a personalized look that nobody else has!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man definately different sockmonkey is the man to go to for graphics!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #11
netman1969 will become famous soon enoughnetman1969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Air Force Security Police NCO
Name: Dave
netman1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to netman1969
Removing stock graphics

All,

While I may decide to do something different some day, right now I am more interested in removing the stock TRD graphics all together.

For those that have done it, is it as easy as it seems? The truck is only a few weeks old, so I would imagine they would come off without a problem. What I dont want to do is peel off any clearcoat or leave a sticky mess.

Any experience, suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Dave
Old 03-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #13
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
You should not have any issues removing them, I removed mine after three years of being on. They came off in pieces, but using your fingernail you should be good to go especially since it is new.
If you do have any glue junk left behind bug/tar remover or goo gone will clean it off, just don't rub to hard.
When they are all off make sure to go over it with a coat of wax.
If you are going to do it and its cold, a hair dryer will help, just be careful not to get hings to hot.
Take your time and GOOD LUCK
Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #14
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by netman1969 View Post
All,

While I may decide to do something different some day, right now I am more interested in removing the stock TRD graphics all together.

For those that have done it, is it as easy as it seems? The truck is only a few weeks old, so I would imagine they would come off without a problem. What I dont want to do is peel off any clearcoat or leave a sticky mess.

Any experience, suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Dave
Yea i took my stock graphics off not long after i got my truck. It's easy to do as long as you take your time peeling the old graphics off. It's kind of like pulling old window tint off, if you pull to hard the glue seperates from the film which inturn leaves a sticky residue mess. I started at the narrowest part of the sticker with my fingernail and got that edge to start releasing and then slowly worked toward the width of the sticker with the same pressure being applied to pull. After i got both decals off the truck i was left with a small outline of glue which i was able to take off with some cleaning polish i had around the house. (intimidator pro polish) Goo gone will work too. The only thing to be careful about is that if you have to use a razor blade to get the decal started make sure you keep the angle almost parallel to the truck to keep from gouging the clear coat.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #15
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
I was too slow Longbow types faster.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #16
netman1969 will become famous soon enoughnetman1969 will become famous soon enough

Thanks gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo6up View Post
Yea i took my stock graphics off not long after i got my truck. It's easy to do as long as you take your time peeling the old graphics off. It's kind of like pulling old window tint off, if you pull to hard the glue seperates from the film which inturn leaves a sticky residue mess. I started at the narrowest part of the sticker with my fingernail and got that edge to start releasing and then slowly worked toward the width of the sticker with the same pressure being applied to pull. After i got both decals off the truck i was left with a small outline of glue which i was able to take off with some cleaning polish i had around the house. (intimidator pro polish) Goo gone will work too. The only thing to be careful about is that if you have to use a razor blade to get the decal started make sure you keep the angle almost parallel to the truck to keep from gouging the clear coat.
Thanks gonzo, sounds like good advice. I will give that a shot this weekend.

Dave
Old 03-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #17
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
where do you get these sockmonkey decals?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
You should not have any issues removing them, I removed mine after three years of being on. They came off in pieces, but using your fingernail you should be good to go especially since it is new.
If you do have any glue junk left behind bug/tar remover or goo gone will clean it off, just don't rub to hard.
When they are all off make sure to go over it with a coat of wax.
If you are going to do it and its cold, a hair dryer will help, just be careful not to get hings to hot.
Take your time and GOOD LUCK
Sorry longbow, I was replying off my blackberry and missed your post. Thank you and gonzo both for the advice, I will try it this weekend.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #19
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
search the forum(sockmonkey) he will hook u up.