1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pleasant Rear Spring TSB Experience

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JMFH, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Aug 27, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    JMFH

JMFH [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JMFH
    Oahu, HI
    I have a 2010 DCLB 4x4 Sport that I bought in March from Jeff Hunter Toyota in Waco, TX. They were good to me on the price of the truck and they were fair to me on my trade. The very next day, my co-workers wanted to ride in the new truck to lunch. I had four passengers and the first bump I hit made the suspension bottom out. I later had a few loads in the bed of the truck which made the harsh ride that I saw several posts about. Shortly thereafter, I had to go to Maryland for three months for training and didn't want to deal with a dealership that I didn't know. As soon as I arrived home, I called the salesman that sold me the truck and explained to him the issues that I was experiencing and informed him of the TSB for the rear springs. This particular dealership is 70 miles from my home and I told him that I wanted to bring the truck in one time for the repair. I didn't want to take the truck to them to tell me to bring it back. He said that is fine, he will get with the technician and will get back to me. One week later the technician calls me and says he has all the parts in and is ready to conduct the repair. I told him I couldn't on the day that he wanted because my wife's car is in the body shop for repair as well and that we are dealing with one vehicle. He then tells me to let him know when it is convenient for me to bring it in. Ten minutes later the salesman calls and says that it is all set up, and to bring it in. I tell him that I can't because of the situation with the wife's car. He says no problem, I'll give you something to drive until completion, they figured two days. One day for parts install and another day for alignment. I picked it up today and I didn't notice a stiffer ride than before. I can't wait to put a load in the bed and not hit the bump stops. I can't wait to put the Billy 5100's on and get the truck level, but that will have to wait until I get to Korea. I have to take the truck to Dallas next week for overseas shipment.

This is a great forum, I appreciate the advice that everyone provides. Without this forum I wouldn't have known about this repair!

I know that some of you have experienced difficulty in getting this repair done. If you are in the Central Texas area, I recommend Jeff Hunter Toyota in Waco, TX for hassle free service!

2. Aug 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    dam dude, 2 days, just for the tsb, they must have cut back on mechanics. btw there is no need to "align the rear end" I would double check your milage when you get it back ! at least you got a loaner from them....

3. Aug 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    JMFH

JMFH [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JMFH
    Oahu, HI
    No issues with the mileage, overall it was a hassle free situation. This dealership is top notch, if I ever need to buy another Toyota, I'll definitely buy from them.

4. Aug 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Awesome good to hear you are actually satisfied.

5. Aug 28, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    Tojo

Tojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado/Arizona
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Mobil 1 0-20W, Tacoma bed mat, tailgate anti-theft, oil filter drain hose, back seat headrest removal, a/c back seat platform, rear spring tsb, Tek.Prodigy P2 electric brake cntrl, Toyota Bed Extender
    glad you had good luck.....might want to pick up a few lotto tickets too??

6. Aug 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    Mine went smooth when I had it done. Pat Lobb Toyota in McKinney, Texas. I complained about the back bottoming out and that I thought there was a TSB for this and they looked it up and said we will order the parts and see you on Saturday. Took all day but just one day. I am glad as I had it done as you can see by the pix below. And my tailgate had the strengthening parts inside as well as the ATV riding there did not damage whatsoever to the tailgate. Truck is pretty level with a 500# ATV hanging out the back end and a good 120#'s of tool box and tools up front of it. :)

ATV_tailgate.jpg

7. Aug 29, 2010 at 1:24 AM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.

If I recall correctly they replace the shocks on all 4 corner and it's recommended to do an alignment for any suspension work due to possible variations in geometry, though I could be wrong.

Good to hear your experience was smooth.

Products Discussed in

To Top