LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st ever built Taco from Texas

Old 08-28-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
1st ever built Taco from Texas

the first Tacoma that rolled out of the texas plant. am i blind here or the grill is totally different from the original 05-09 year Tacoma's? not feeling it with that just one bar grill thing.. what'd you guys think about it? just a refresh etc.. and it seems a honey comb grill is in place beween that one bar.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a fancy looking factory there. Nice white Tacoma coming off the line.
But yeah, I'm not too crazy about the refresh on the grill either.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
a little late to the party, but yes the 2011 grille is different than 05-10. the grille slightly changed in 09 too by going away from the black plastic to painted
Old 08-28-2010, 01:31 AM   #4
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
a little late to the party, but yes the 2011 grille is different than 05-10. the grille slightly changed in 09 too by going away from the black plastic to painted
i get that part but you don't notice the difference?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #5
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
i get that part but you don't notice the difference?
yes...that's why i said it changed in 2011. i cant see the pic here at work, but i'm guessing you are talking about the honeycombing?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:49 AM   #6

adio's Tacoma Gallery
not just the honeycombing but that one bar grill they got going.. as far as i know it the production started last month but they had the ceremoney on august 6 on rolling out the first Tacoma out of that plant. completely new news to me
Old 08-28-2010, 01:52 AM   #7

yeah. some people have thrown pics on here before...it's either love or hate....

Old 08-28-2010, 02:41 AM   #8
KellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud ofKellyJoe has much to be proud of
Army: UH-60 Blackhawk Crewchief / Mechanic
Name: Kelly
KellyJoe's Tacoma Gallery
For those nearby or passin' through this way.

http://www.toyotatexas.com/index.php...&id=7&Itemid=2
Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 AM   #9
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yeah. some people have thrown pics on here before...it's either love or hate....

You know the first time I saw a pic of the 2011 grill I hated it. I kept looking at it and decided it wasn't so bad, and now I really like it. Has it "grown" on anyone else on here or is it just me?
Old 08-28-2010, 04:29 AM   #10
Steig is on a distinguished road
Steig's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my 2011 Grill
Attached Thumbnails
1st ever built Taco from Texas-grill.jpg  
Old 08-28-2010, 04:48 AM   #11
Glockaholic
kn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kn38ms's Tacoma Gallery
I like the grill now and I prefer the non union made in TX Tacomas...

w00t!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:15 AM   #12
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
That honeycomb grill would look awesome without the horizontal bar...like a factory Satoshi...
Old 08-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #13
Lonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud of

Lonewolf's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not liking the new grill.
For some reason it looks a little cheap to me...
Old 08-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #14
IceBurn is on a distinguished road
IceBurn's Tacoma Gallery
The grill on the 2k11 xrunners is color matched. I'm going to swap out my 08 grill for that, and because I like the look of the new grill. Just me though...
Old 08-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #15
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
x2 I like the 2011 grill. Steig posted a pic of a chrome with what looked to be black center. I realy like that combo. Thats just what i like.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #16
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
the honeycombing is way too big for my taste
Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #17
dimitrik is on a distinguished road
Name: Dimitri
dimitrik's Tacoma Gallery
I want to know how the build quality will be compared to the CA plant.

Maybe one of the reasons Tacomas had complaints as of late is because the CA plant workers knew they were going to lose their jobs and started to be lazy.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #18
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
the first Tacoma that rolled out of the texas plant. am i blind here or the grill is totally different from the original 05-09 year Tacoma's? not feeling it with that just one bar grill thing.. what'd you guys think about it? just a refresh etc.. and it seems a honey comb grill is in place beween that one bar.

And if you look carefully you can see the big brother being born on the left
Old 08-30-2010, 05:22 AM   #19
Steve_P is a glorious beacon of lightSteve_P is a glorious beacon of lightSteve_P is a glorious beacon of lightSteve_P is a glorious beacon of lightSteve_P is a glorious beacon of light
Steve_P's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrik View Post
I want to know how the build quality will be compared to the CA plant.

Maybe one of the reasons Tacomas had complaints as of late is because the CA plant workers knew they were going to lose their jobs and started to be lazy.
I have an 09. the build quality of it is good- the humans bolting it together did their job just fine. However, I do have all the other minor but still annoying problems that are well documented on this site: steering column rattle on washboard roads, seat belt tensioner rattle, squeaking clutch pedal, weak rear springs, etc. All of these, and most of the typical complaints I see here, are design issues and not assy line issues.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #20
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see the first one is a White Double Cab! I don't care for the new grill. It looks like chicken wire to me. I didn't like it 10 years ago when Ford tried it.