1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Supercharger

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by IslandBoy71, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Aug 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    IslandBoy71

IslandBoy71 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reggie
    Lakewood, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD PreRunner Sport SR5 DC
    TRD Intake,Flowmaster Super 10 exhaust, King 2.5 c/o adjusted to 3inch front and King 2.5 rears w/AAL. Custom bed rack, rock sliders and rear tire carrier.
    Now that my truck is finally paid off I'm thinking about getting the TRD supercharger. The only thing that worries me is that my truck has almost 130k miles. I've taken good care of it synthetic oil change every 5k miles and I don't abuse it. Do you guys think its worth the $$ to add the supercharger?

2. Aug 28, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    just do it...but my only suggestion is that you get the X-1 1st...that way you can unleash the full power of the TRD...:D

also if you decide to sell the truck later by letting the dealership reflash your ECU for the TRD S/C you won't be able to pull the S/C because once the ECU is flashed to the larger injectors you can't flash it back to stock settings...a new ECU is $$$$...

at least with the X-1 you can flash it as many times as you want but once you pull the X-1 out you can pull the TRD S/C and sell those separately while still being able to sell the truck as is...

just a suggestion...:D

3. Aug 28, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    Well I guess when I sell my truck its going to run super rich lol. Well I would go for it, and an APR X-1 is going to run 1300 bucks

4. Aug 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    IslandBoy71

IslandBoy71 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reggie
    Lakewood, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD PreRunner Sport SR5 DC
    TRD Intake,Flowmaster Super 10 exhaust, King 2.5 c/o adjusted to 3inch front and King 2.5 rears w/AAL. Custom bed rack, rock sliders and rear tire carrier.
    If I decide to do it I think I will pass on the X-1. I dont plan on selling my truck. My son will be driving in 4 years and this will be his truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top