Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Off-Road vs PRO 4X Off-Road?

View Poll Results: TRD Off-Road vs PRO 4X Off-Road
TRD Off-Road 817 91.18%
PRO 4X Off-Road 79 8.82%
Voters: 896. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Off-Road vs PRO 4X Off-Road?

I saw a few videos and i cant actually believe im saying this...But i like the nissan, i mean, im happy with my tacoma but it looks like nissan has made a pretty nice truck.

What do yall think?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The Nissan is alright with similar option except Atrac. The aftermarket sucks for Nissans though.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Tacoma too but....damn I love that Titan. There was none available around me, and I've always liked the Tacoma so I decided to go with it.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The Nissan is alright with similar option except Atrac. The aftermarket sucks for Nissans though.
Yeah now that i think about it. Toyota seems to be one of the only ones that have something like that.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
Titans are weak...Nissan doesn't have a big aftermarket parts unless its a car...

the only good thing about Nissan is the fully boxed frame...
Old 08-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
The only real question mark is whether Nissan's traction control system is only used in their VSC implementation, or if they have something analogous to TRAC/A-TRAC.

If Nissan doesn't have a system like A-TRAC, the TRD OR Tacoma has clearly moved ahead.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan has a metal bed, metal cleats, more power, a little more weight b/c of the metal bed. Poor resale value, poor aftermarket support, but it does have support. PRG.com has a lot of stuff,stillen supercharger, you can titan swap the UCA + LCA from a titan into a frontier. Coilovers, etc... Calmini makes a drop bracket kit along with fabtech. I used to drive an 07, it was a great truck but for some reason it always creaked and made new noises every time I wheeled it. Bottom line, the toyota is made better
Old 08-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
TRD
Old 08-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Steig is on a distinguished road
Steig's Tacoma Gallery
Titan offers better options, but you pay for a lot more GAS with a Titan.
Recently traded my 2005 Titan crew cab off road for 2011 Tacoma DC TRD off road.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #10
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
^that STILLEN S/C for Frontiers are a joke...they are so weak and overpriced especially when compared against the TRD S/C...
Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
cankel is on a distinguished road
cankel's Tacoma Gallery
if im not mistaken the taco has less horsepower but nonetheless it tows more, accelarates faster, and has better ground clearance, has more interior space...and dont forget its way better looking then the frontier
Old 08-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma has more torque.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cankel View Post
if im not mistaken the taco has less horsepower but nonetheless it tows more, accelarates faster, and has better ground clearance, has more interior space...and dont forget its way better looking then the frontier
Yep less hp dont know about the towing but it is faster and has better ground clearence I think less leg room though and looks way imo. I say TRD!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
TRD
Old 08-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Tacoma has more torque.
Exactly! Also, horsepower only sells cars, torque wins in towing, hauling and racing. It is important though how you get the power to the ground, this is why the tacoma is faster than the fronty 0-60.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I test drove the Frontier and my biggest gripe was ergonomics. It just wasn't comfortable. Otherwise, it was pretty decent.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #17
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
I enjoy reading opinions on the classic debate, but why are we mentioning the Ttian? Its a full size. That would be Tundra VS Titan thread for discussion.
That being said, the Frontier feels heavier and slower to me than the Tacoma. I have never driven a 6 speed manual Frontier mind you, maybe it feels peppier? Both great trucks but I prefer how the Tacoma feels and drives. And the aftermarket is slim for Nissan.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #18
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like the interior of the Pro 4x, you really don't stick to the seats like the TRD has. IMO i think Leather is the worst thing to put in a truck, yes leather is the easier to clean but damn its a bitch to keep up with. If you live in a hot area you have to keep the seats conditioned or they will dry up and crack. they burn your leg when you first sit on them on a hot day or freeze your ass if its cold out.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #19
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the Titan was the only one that came in Pro 4x thats why I mentioned it. And the OP didn't say Frontier or Titan so....
Old 08-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
i wouldnt say the aftermarket sucks for nissan!!! have u not seen the xterras??? them things can be modded big time