Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2005 Tacoma A/C Stopped Working

Old 08-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
NightShades is on a distinguished road
NightShades's Tacoma Gallery
2005 Tacoma A/C Stopped Working

I have searched and read up on this issue it seems like a common problem..

Symptoms: turn A/C nob on, no fan, no air blows at all.

This happens on all speeds I try,

Problem is, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt... The day i brought it into the dealer for repair it was working fine.....

So... my taco is still under warranty with the extended warranty for a few miles and months...

I took it to the dealer to fix it, but they said "o we cant duplicate the problem" which is total bullshit, they just didn't want to fix it because it was under warranty, is what I am thinking.,.

If i can search the internet and find out that this most likely has to do with a bad relay or wire or connection why can't they troubleshoot the issue instead of saying Oh its working fine, so we dont know what to do..

Did they even think to try? of course its working, because i told them the problem was intermittant..

I am upset now... as I know they are just lazy and dont wanna fix it.

What should I do?

Can i go back to the dealer and watch them fix it?

I wanna know they are trying to replace the bad connection people are talking about...

I think they are doing nothing back there and saying, it works fine today, so seeya..
Old 08-29-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShades View Post
I have searched and read up on this issue it seems like a common problem..

Symptoms: turn A/C nob on, no fan, no air blows at all.

This happens on all speeds I try,

Problem is, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt... The day i brought it into the dealer for repair it was working fine.....

So... my taco is still under warranty with the extended warranty for a few miles and months...

I took it to the dealer to fix it, but they said "o we cant duplicate the problem" which is total bullshit, they just didn't want to fix it because it was under warranty, is what I am thinking.,.

If i can search the internet and find out that this most likely has to do with a bad relay or wire or connection why can't they troubleshoot the issue instead of saying Oh its working fine, so we dont know what to do..

Did they even think to try? of course its working, because i told them the problem was intermittant..

I am upset now... as I know they are just lazy and dont wanna fix it.

What should I do?

Can i go back to the dealer and watch them fix it?

I wanna know they are trying to replace the bad connection people are talking about...

I think they are doing nothing back there and saying, it works fine today, so seeya..
Yeah fuck them. Mine does that, its an 05 as well. I just hit the dashboard under the AC knob. usually does the job. Or you can put it on the high setting, and it should blow out. Leave it on that setting for about 10 seconds and just alternate different settings until it works.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
did you check the a/c fuse under the hood?

try taking the truck to another dealership...explain to them the problem and have a technician and/or manager sit in the truck and try to reduplicate the problem...that way you have visual proof that its not working properly...
Old 08-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
Yeah fuck them. Mine does that, its an 05 as well. I just hit the dashboard under the AC knob. usually does the job. Or you can put it on the high setting, and it should blow out. Leave it on that setting for about 10 seconds and just alternate different settings until it works.

Sounds like a short...................I had this problem and bought a used set of controls off of ebay and have not had any more problems............
Old 08-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
The problem is, where i live this is the only dealer... there is another dealership 45 minutes away i guess i could try....

Anything I can try on my own?
Old 08-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
i found the fuse box under the hood but i dont see any labeled a/c..
Old 08-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
ky taco
chopper is on a distinguished road

Name: chop
chopper's Tacoma Gallery
I never had any problem with the ac not working, but the lights wouldn't come on in the dash a good fist to the dash always works.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if you look at this picture below of the ENGINE FUSE DIAGRAM:

look at the top right just under the Notice its the very top right fuxe labels [10A] A/C...that's the fuse your looking for...its just to the left of the spare red (10) and blue (15) fuses...
Old 08-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
oh heck yes thanks for the pic! im gonna go check it out..
Old 08-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #10

^no problem bro...

there is also another fuse panel on the driver side next to your left leg...but I don't think there is another A/C fuse there...
Old 08-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
ok just checked the a/c fuse its fine... i even replaced it with the spare 10 just for fun, and still a no go on the A/C.

What do i do next?
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #12

use this pdf file to help figure out if the problems/symptoms you are experiencing if you are able to help you diagnose and/or help you pinpoint where the problem is...

Air Conditioning Problem Symptoms <-click for link
Old 08-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #13
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Does the green light in the A/C button blink at you when this happens? If it does odds are its the compressor clutch relay. I had a very similar problem...and it's EXTREMELY common with Toyota's, Lexus' and Scion's of all makes and models.

The relay costs like $90 at Toyota; there are others a lot cheaper. I swapped my trailer stop light relay for it since I'm not towing anything right now and I've not had the problem since.

In that fuse box picture, it's the one labeled "MG CLT", for Magnetic Clutch. I would never have figured that out!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
hmm
Old 08-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywh1 View Post
Does the green light in the A/C button blink at you when this happens? If it does odds are its the compressor clutch relay. I had a very similar problem...and it's EXTREMELY common with Toyota's, Lexus' and Scion's of all makes and models.

The relay costs like $90 at Toyota; there are others a lot cheaper. I swapped my trailer stop light relay for it since I'm not towing anything right now and I've not had the problem since.

In that fuse box picture, it's the one labeled "MG CLT", for Magnetic Clutch. I would never have figured that out!
good suggestion its worth taking a look at...
Old 08-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #16
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
are you getting power and ground to the motor when this happens?
Old 08-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #17
no my light stays on solid.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
are you getting power and ground to the motor when this happens?
How can i check this? Im kinda a newbie at anything mechanical.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #19
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShades View Post
How can i check this? Im kinda a newbie at anything mechanical.
unplug the blower motor,it has two wires,check it with a test light.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #20
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
is it not working right now?i wonder if you have got a bad blower motor.i have them come into work doing that,i reach under there and whack the motor with my hand and they start working.