Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who has made a pool ball shift knob?

Old 08-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Drill a hole in the ball the size of the outer diameter of the nut and use goop to glue the nut in.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
TAKoma907's Tacoma Gallery
I got an 8 ball to do this. I was going to use a tap and dye set. Just never got around to doing it.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Drill a hole in the ball the size of the outer diameter of the nut and use goop to glue the nut in.
That was my plan, I just don't know if it will hold?
Old 08-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKoma907 View Post
I got an 8 ball to do this. I was going to use a tap and dye set. Just never got around to doing it.
I thought of this also, but I don't have a tap set.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
jb weld...itll hold
Old 08-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
if you use an epoxy you will be golden....
he were you at a wharton meet back in march? or april
Old 08-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
jb weld...itll hold
dam you beat me too it
Old 08-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
if you use an epoxy you will be golden....
he were you at a wharton meet back in march? or april
Can't really remember. There was a dude with a deisel dodge when I went.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
BIG DADDY

yup ok that was you
you can get epoxy at any hardware store or home depot, ect
Old 08-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
BIG DADDY

yup if u drill out the hole smaller than the nut..then use a dremel to make the shape of the nut "it does not have to be perfect" then expoy it in it will never come out
just be careful to not get epoxy in the threads
then make me one and send it
Old 08-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #15
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
yup if u drill out the hole smaller than the nut..then use a dremel to make the shape of the nut "it does not have to be perfect" then expoy it in it will never come out
just be careful to not get epoxy in the threads
then make me one and send it
Haha!...yeah I tried that my first attempt. The nut was a little too snug and.....One million pieces.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #16
Central Scrutinizer

Well I got it done today. Drilled a hole a little small like the first time and cut some notches to fit the nut, then glued it. I wish I didnt eff up the 8 ball, but I kinda like the cue ball. I even found a rubber washer that was a perfect fit over the ugly chrome top of the boot.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #18
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
TAKoma907's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 08-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #19
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Here is a slightly better crappy pic.
You may want to try one of these. It is a tie rod end boot cap. The link to this part at Autozone is listed below. I used it when I added a Hurst T-handle knob on my shifter :

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...fier=82347_0_0_
Old 08-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #20
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
You may want to try one of these. It is a tie rod end boot cap. The link to this part at Autozone is listed below. I used it when I added a Hurst T-handle knob on my shifter :

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...mString=search
looks good, but I'm cheap! Total cost of this mod was $00.64.