Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Flowmaster Super 44 Installed .. Fore-Rear tire exit..

Old 08-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Taco Supreme!
roboots21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
roboots21's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Flowmaster Super 44 Installed .. Fore-Rear tire exit.. (Pics and Video!!)

Hey guys,

I recently had posted about having a Flowmaster 70 Series installed in my 2007 Tacoma. It had begun to rattle due to an internal baffle rotting out. I purchased a Super 44 to replace the 70 series after doing some research here and elsewhere.

My bro help me with the install at his shop and he did the welding for me. We cut out the old 70 series, and he got the idea to go before the rear tire for the exit. We then started with cutting the head pipe before the bend where it enters the muffler. I had gotten a 2 1/2" offset inlet/outlet Super 44, so we tack welded that into place.

Then we mocked up the tailpipe where we wanted to cut it, and cut it we did. I used the stock tail pipe and cut just after the axle bend of the pipe. We used about the final 18" or so of pipe. We got that in to place so that it exits directly before the front leaf spring mount, and after the upward bend in the frame in roughly the same location. Once everything was tacked into place, we took the exhaust off to get the complete weld.

Once that was done we used the fore exhaust hanger off the stocker and bent a piece of metal rod as the hanger there. He then welded that into place. Finally we had to add another hanger to the front near the crossmember. We used a 360* swinger hanger with and exhaust clamp to hold it on. This gave the whole setup the stability it needed to not interfere with anything else or rattle.

It sounds awesome. I am very happy with the outcome. Here are some pictures and a video for those that asked in my older post about this ..

Pic of the whole setup:

Pic of the inlet and clamp:

Pic of the tail pipe clearance:

Pic of muffler/rear hanger/tail pipe:

Side shot of truck:

And for those that wanted a sound clip, this was the best I could do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRWZO091SY?fs=1
Old 08-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice...
Old 08-31-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
Taco Supreme!
.. the more I drive it the more I like it. I also have the feeling that the rotted baffle that was in the 70 Series was blocking the exhaust flow because my gas mileage had gone to crap, but now seems to have come back up to normal, if not better!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
nice. sounds pretty good. think you can post a vid inside the cab while driving? this has more of a throaty sound than the WFs.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
wwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura aboutwwjdweldingman has a spectacular aura about
wwjdweldingman's Tacoma Gallery
i have the exact same setup, when the truck is running at temp, it has a nice mellow but still noticeable sound inside the cab, and when you step on it you can really hear it! love it! thinkin about cutting the cats out and running straight pipes to a flowmaster race series muffler, w/ bungs so i can put the O2 sensors back in.. still debating..
Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds great..
Old 09-02-2010, 03:23 AM   #7
Taco Supreme!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjdweldingman View Post
i have the exact same setup, when the truck is running at temp, it has a nice mellow but still noticeable sound inside the cab, and when you step on it you can really hear it! love it! thinkin about cutting the cats out and running straight pipes to a flowmaster race series muffler, w/ bungs so i can put the O2 sensors back in.. still debating..
I agree on the sound. You explained that one pretty well