Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OE intake filter upgrade

Old 07-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
OE intake filter upgrade

Replaces the restrictive OE tube with a modular tube which decreases air flow ristriction.

I've seen upgrade intake tubes for other vehicles but don't see one for the Tacomas.

Maybe we can get AFE to make us one?
Old 07-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew793 View Post
Replaces the restrictive OE tube with a modular tube which decreases air flow ristriction.

I've seen upgrade intake tubes for other vehicles but don't see one for the Tacomas.

Maybe we can get AFE to make us one?
You wont gain any real h.p. Maybe 1 or 2 h.p. The restriction on the new Tacomas lies behind the throtle body, and it s not very restrictive at that. Toyota really thought the newer design through, and its tuned quite nicely for what it is.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
Drew793 will become famous soon enoughDrew793 will become famous soon enough

Drew793's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You wont gain any real h.p. Maybe 1 or 2 h.p. The restriction on the new Tacomas lies behind the throtle body, and it s not very restrictive at that. Toyota really thought the newer design through, and its tuned quite nicely for what it is.
I'm glad to hear that it isn't a big restriction and that it works well. Thanks for the info.

Drew
Old 07-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
chris, does the modular intake tube, by airaid....in the airaid jr. kit, that replaces the stock intake tube on the first gen tacomas really do anything??
Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
chris, does the modular intake tube, by airaid....in the airaid jr. kit, that replaces the stock intake tube on the first gen tacomas really do anything??
LOL, no. I spent a week going back and forth with airraid over their claims of h.p. The stock one should be fine with the deck plate.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL, no. I spent a week going back and forth with airraid over their claims of h.p. The stock one should be fine with the deck plate.
good deal. the mit deal with airaid looks kinda goofy anyway.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
good deal. the mit deal with airaid looks kinda goofy anyway.
Its an interesting idea, but I asked the guys at Airaid if they even dyno their stuff. They said "sometimes". They live in my neck of the woods, and I have dynoed their stuff. When I hit them with a dyno slip, they start a verbal dance like you wouldnt belive. One of their guys tried to tell me that I wasnt supposed to dyno their "Spacer" at WOT. He said I have to dyno under PART throttle! I shook my head and walked out.