Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Driving me Nucken Futz!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
Driving me Nucken Futz!!!

....First off i searched.

I guess this is a kind of strange one, but....

Has any one or does anyone have a seat belt squeak? My drivers seat belt squeaks and creaks right where the seat belt loops through the connector when it is latched in. It drives me crazy!

If anyone has had this, what did you do for a solution? One solution is to buy a new seat belt, but i imagine that is not the most cost effective repair and i know that we have some great - do it yourselfers here, so i thought I'd ask.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
My first gen did this, and I dis assembled the retracting mechanisim, and sprayed WD-40 into it.....It still made noise, but about 2 months later, it stopped, and never made noise again.....
Old 08-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
My first gen did this, and I dis assembled the retracting mechanisim, and sprayed WD-40 into it.....It still made noise, but about 2 months later, it stopped, and never made noise again.....because I blew it up

Fixed that for ya Chris.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Fixed that for ya Chris.
LOL!! Nope....Im guessing the lube worked its way into whatever was making the sound.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
Range 44 has a spectacular aura aboutRange 44 has a spectacular aura about

Range 44's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a 2011 and it rattles right by my ear!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #6
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range 44 View Post
Just bought a 2011 and it rattles right by my ear!
My '10 does the same .... just a little bit ..... letting it run its course for now.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:27 AM   #7
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
My passenger side seat belt hits against the side pillar when nobody is sitting there. Drives me crazy!!!! Oh....my rear springs squeak enough, dont need more.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #8
JTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of light

JTO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #9
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Mine did in my jeep. I got rid of it and put a harness in. 
Old 09-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #10
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
My passenger side seat belt hits against the side pillar when nobody is sitting there. Drives me crazy!!!! Oh....my rear springs squeak enough, dont need more.
yup, my 07 did that too. it was super annoying when I was out in the country on rough roads or had the windows down.

I also had the squeak but it sounded like it came from where you click the buckle into...maybe try some wd40 or some kind of teflon lube.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:33 AM   #11
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
pice yo
Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 AM   #12
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My first gen did this, and I dis assembled the retracting mechanisim, and sprayed WD-40 into it.....It still made noise, but about 2 months later, it stopped, and never made noise again.....
Blowing it up sound good but....i was talking about the part that clicks into the locking mechanism by you lap. The part that you grab in your hand and pull down to connect. The seat belt material seems to creak in where it passes through the male connector part (best way i can describe this). It creaks when it is connected on there is tension over your lap.

I have thought about trying to lube it up some how, but i feel that that lube would then get on your clothing as you retract the seat belt. It is the friction of the material and the tension going through the buckle. If i pull on the seat belt while it is connected it will creak.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving me Nucken Futz!!!-2-seat_belt_q.jpg  
Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
turn the radio up to about 25-30 and it will go away
Old 09-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #15
What could go wrong?

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
turn the radio up to about 25-30 and it will go away

That's how i fixed my rear leaf spring squeak!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
08TacoTrD is just really nice08TacoTrD is just really nice08TacoTrD is just really nice08TacoTrD is just really nice08TacoTrD is just really nice
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
The rear seatbelts on my AC drove me nuts banging against the walls for a while until I realized I should just buckle them up and leave them that way. No more noise from them. Took me a while to realize what the noise was.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #18
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
2010 here, and I've never noticed a rattle but now that you have put the idea in my head I'm sure I'll here it now. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #19
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL!! Nope....Im guessing the lube worked its way into whatever was making the sound.
lube can work wonders
Old 09-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #20
like a boss
middiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security
Name: Joe
middiedefense's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to middiedefense
Maybe its because I've only ever had POS vehicles but I hardly ever notice any of the little nuances with my Tacoma until I read about them on here. Damn you TW a blessing and a tragedy