1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck was hit again!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TACOMA TRD, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:45 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    Well, I just posted here about two months ago where my truck was side swipped, but the guy stopped and took care of everything. Thanks to CTtaco and some parts I got her all fixed. Well, my neighbors daughter just backed into it tonight and creamed the front bumper.

She is going through her insurance, but my fear is that they will make me use a aftermarket bumper, and not a toyota bumper. I remember when my wifes CRV was hit, they used these cheap aftermarket bumpers and said they could because they were available. Well when I got the truck back, you can tell they didnt align properly and just sucked. They ended up putting Honda parts on after a fight.

I just dont want to go through all of that again. Her insurance company is State farm, I wonder if they will cut me a check and I can go get fixed on my own and use quality parts. Or if they use Toyota parts I wont have a issue.

PS anyone have a front bumper for sale....shipping would be to 18706.

2. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:52 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    I think state farm cuts a check with your name and the body shops name on it. Just insist on genuine toyota parts, they shouldn't give you any crap about it.

3. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:54 AM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    Time for an upgrade? So it she does it again it won't hurt your truck just the other car.

4. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:57 AM
    TnShooter

TnShooter The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    Sorry to hear that happened.

As for Toyota parts, I know in the cases I was involved in
    I had the choice of where I wanted it fixed. Most of the time
    they send out an adjuster. If the place you pick is prices it higher than the adjuster allows, the insurance company contacts you shop and they work out an agreement

P.S. My Grandmother just had her 4Runner fixed at Toyota
    and they will work with the insurance company.

5. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    yea....but its all stock. I had my Dakota all modded out, spent way too much dough on it. Im just looking this time to keep it stock, possibly just do some bilsteins and raise about 1.75.

Im a rehabilitated Modder, been clean for a while....Just got out of Modaholics.:D

6. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:07 AM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    HAHAHA I know what you mean. Good Luck with getting the truck fixe.

7. Sep 2, 2010 at 4:13 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    You most likely will get used, known as LKQ if they can find one or OEM because you have the chrome bumper. The bumper covers (like for the Honda) are made aftermarket and some of the companies actually buy OEM covers from body shops and repair them and sell them back to the shops for the aftermarket price. So the insurance estimate says aftermarket and sometimes you actually get an OEM part. If they quote you LKQ, they will provide a phone number where it is available. Make sure it is available and in good condition. I have seen some front bumpers available on this site. Good luck.

8. Sep 2, 2010 at 4:41 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Front bumper should be color matched so they might have a hard time finding an indigo ink bumper. For how much Toyota is gonna charge the insurance to replace the bumper I'd tell her insurance to just cut you a check and find a decent aftermarket bumper or go to a junkyard and find a bumper and have it painted to match and save a few bucks.

9. Sep 2, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    I just finished dealing with State Farm - they just cut me a check and told me to get it fixed, and if it didn't cover it all (which it didn't) just call. They were great to work with - the body shop was a royal pain in the ass. Looking back - I probably should of done the work myself, I could of bought the needed parts, done the unbolting/bolting and made myself an easy $1k...

10. Sep 2, 2010 at 8:23 AM
    MSUtacoboy

MSUtacoboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    MS
    Vehicle:
    2008 Silver DC 4x4 Trd off-road
    wow. nothing like getting hit when it's parked.

Products Discussed in

To Top