Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tire pressure sensors

Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
dppats is on a distinguished road

dppats's Tacoma Gallery
Tire pressure sensors

I was hoping I could get some advise. I am purchasing TRD rims for my 09, and I was wondering if the sensors would be able to be used from my steelies. I did search the forum, and unless I missed it, I could not find the answer. Toyota says there is an angle difference. Any suggestions and or advise would be greatly appreciated. Every one local seems to have a different answer.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
They do not fit. You can do a pipe mod, or you can buy the appropriate sensors. Or you can live with the light. I made the pipe, now when I switch from winter to summer tires, the truck has no clue.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
dppats is on a distinguished road

dppats's Tacoma Gallery
sensors

I did a little more searching on the site, and now found some answers. Sorry, newbie mistake. It looks like I can twist them, or strap them or maybe I could find a set on here. If someone has twisted them, does it make it more difficult to fill your tires?